Author Topic: subscribe succeeded but no code  (Read 5515 times)

dandelion

subscribe succeeded but no code
« on: January 13, 2004, 09:50:03 AM »
>>>> subscribe vps-info (my e-mail)
Succeeded.
>>>>

Then nothing further and no registration code. Any suggestions?

Pavel Baudis

Re:subscribe succeeded but no code
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 10:28:09 AM »
>>>> subscribe vps-info (my e-mail)
Succeeded.
>>>>

Then nothing further and no registration code. Any suggestions?

You are supposed to get the regiostration key by email (supposed that you have entered the valid email address and you do not have the spam filters which block this registration mail)....

The complete process should take less than 10 minutes, so if it takes longer, there is some problem (usually on your side - please check two possible problems menitoned above)...

Pavel

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 11:25:36 AM »
Hey, did you subscribe to vps-info (our virus-updates 'newsletter') OR fill-in the avast home registration form?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 12:50:16 PM »
Hey, did you subscribe to vps-info (our virus-updates 'newsletter') OR fill-in the avast home registration form?

Vlk, what is the vps-info you talked about? Is the iAVS update?
I didn't know that there was a 'newsletter' service!?  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2004, 01:32:21 PM »
dandelion: did you receive finally your activation key?

Gwen

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2004, 04:22:42 PM »
You're all full of beans! ;D  :P I think that the Registration process only accepts E-mail with odd spelling names, vlk - or Pavel who obviously has all the karma because I sure don't. :'(

If I have to be an IT Pro in order to use this very schizophrenic application then I'm going to need more than karma to get it to work and assume that I trust it.  ;)

And I've been around using computers and taking them apart and building p.c.s probably since most of you were born!  And I still can't Register my copy of this program who's name I will not take in vain here.  

I'll get over it.  :P ::) :-X :-\ :-*

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2004, 08:04:29 PM »
You're all full of beans! ;D  :P I think that the Registration process only accepts E-mail with odd spelling names, vlk - or Pavel who obviously has all the k@rma because I sure don't. :'(

If I have to be an IT Pro in order to use this very schizophrenic application then I'm going to need more than k@rma to get it to work and assume that I trust it.  ;)

And I've been around using computers and taking them apart and building p.c.s probably since most of you were born!  And I still can't Register my copy of this program who's name I will not take in vain here.  

I'll get over it.  :P ::) :-X :-\ :-*

Can't Alwil send an IM with this beloved number to Gwen?
Gwen, can't you send an email to Vlk or Pavel or anybody in Alwil and ask a return email with your Registration number?

If I remember, Pavel can check if your email address is correctly registered into Alwil database and check your number.

Do not give up!  ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline Roman Svihalek

• Avast team
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2004, 01:49:37 PM »
Gwen: I think your problem with registration is related to your browser or its configuration. What browser are you using? Can you send me screenshot of message saying your e-mail is invalid?

I have registered you with information you have sent me in e-mail (btw. I have used web registration form  8) ), you should receive e-mail with activation key.

Thank you for your time...
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 01:55:08 PM by Roman Svihalek »