Author Topic: VRDB  (Read 9102 times)

tascala

VRDB
« on: January 13, 2004, 03:48:39 PM »
Can anyone tell me why my VRDB icon disappears from my system tray on a network system?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:VRDB
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2004, 03:51:07 PM »
Could you describe the problem a little more? When does it disappear? Has it ever been there?

tascala

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2004, 03:58:45 PM »
It appears once in a great while on my laptop.  Mostly it never appears. However on the networked desktop, it is always visible.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2004, 04:46:33 PM »
Don't you have the VRDB icon merged with the main avast! icon? In that case, the VRDB icon is visible only when the VRDB is being (re)generated - after it's done, it's hidden until the next VRDB update (3 weeks, by default).
To split the icons, there's an option in the popup menu.

tascala

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2004, 06:10:29 PM »
I have not merged them, I am sure. Is there a way to download and reinstall just VRDB?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2004, 06:43:39 PM »
Well, I don't really understand the question. VRDB is just a feature of avast! - you cannot "download" it separatelly.

As for the problem...
If you rightclick on the blue avast! icon - isn't there a VRDB submenu in the popup menu that appears?
Don't you use some kind of icon-hiding tool?
Try to check the Data\avast4.ini file - in the [VRDB] section, isn't there anything suspicious there (like, ShowBaloon=0 or anything similar?)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2004, 08:03:25 PM »
If after following igor suggestions you want to know a little bit more about the avast4.ini file and its settings, take a look here  ;)
The best things in life are free.

tascala

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2004, 09:08:47 PM »
Okay guys, here is what I am coming up with.
If I right click, I have no option allowing me to merge or unmerge the icons.  Trust me I havew looked numerous times.

When I checked out the avast4.ini file under the VRDB section the only thing I see are two lines.
Line 1: MergeIcons=0
Line 2: Disable=0

From my understanding of the forwarded post, those settings mean do not merge icons and do not diable VRDB.

Any other sugguestions?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2004, 09:49:01 PM »
Okay guys, here is what I am coming up with.
If I right click, I have no option allowing me to merge or unmerge the icons.  Trust me I havew looked numerous times.

When I checked out the avast4.ini file under the VRDB section the only thing I see are two lines.
Line 1: MergeIcons=0
Line 2: Disable=0

From my understanding of the forwarded post, those settings mean do not merge icons and do not diable VRDB.

Any other sugguestions?

Regarding a best information about the posted forum (from Alwil support), I suggest you an uninstall/re-install procedure now...  :-\
The best things in life are free.