Author Topic: Printing a security report  (Read 1109 times)

Offline wildhasse

Printing a security report
« on: May 09, 2019, 01:37:55 PM »
I would like to print out the Avast Security Report, or at least download it to a file. The report contain about 500 lines of listed files,mostly on another partition with an earlier version of OSX. In order to examine these files, I would like to have this report in either a written form or a file that I can copy to the

I could either make x number of screen dumps (with Grab or another program), but then I have to glue the pages together. Unfortunately, the Avast Security Report does lack a menu choice.

There are programs/apps that can print even the hidden part of web windows, when the web site extends beyond the bottom line of the web browser window. An example of such a program is Awesome Screenshot (there are many more in the AppStore).

How can do this be done in Avast Security?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Printing a security report
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 02:02:00 PM »
Is this a Mac ?   

Post/ask in Mac section.  https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=5.0

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Printing a security report
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:03:56 PM »
Hi wildhasse,

I'm afraid that it is not possible to directly print or produce a written file from this report. There are however, two options for how you could get the information out of the report:
  • Copy each individual file path (by right-clicking on the file in the report) and paste each record into a text document - not really feasible for 500 listed files
  • Directly open the report file with TextEdit - which is hard to read due to formatting, as it is not designed to be used in this manner (please see below for a sample of what this looks like)

f F áè"  /usr/bin/file|>   \† ˛» ™  The file is a decompression bomb¿ ¸˝    àè"
/usr/bin/file   \¿ ¸˝
n J Íê"  /usr/bin/mdimport|>   \† ˛» ™  The file is a decompression
bomb¿ fiˇ    Îê"  /usr/bin/mdimport   \¿ fiˇ
| Q ⁄™"  /usr/libexec/productutil|>   ^† ˛» ™  The file is a
decompression bomb¿ Õô  ' €™"  /usr/libexec/productutil   ^¿ Õô

If the above is legible enough for your needs, you can find the scan report file in "/Library/Application Support/Avast/config/service-data/scan-reports". The files are numbered (with the highest numbers being the latest). You can check the number of the latest scan by opening the file called "last" in TextEdit (which will contain the last scan number). Once you have located the correct report file, you can then open the report with TextEdit, and see the file locations and errors.