Author Topic: Forgot Master Password, Can't Do Crap About It  (Read 18008 times)

Offline legoblade807

Forgot Master Password, Can't Do Crap About It
« on: May 14, 2019, 08:29:43 AM »
So I was checking my Avast Passwords because I had to re-add the extension to Chrome. Then I see a button in the bottom left, and being the idiot that I am, locked the application because there was no warning. So I tried around 10-15 tries(Literally all I know is that it was complicated as hell), and nothing, so I click Forgot Password, and it takes me to that support page. It says to use the AP icon in the top left. There is none, so I assume they meant the menu bar. So I go to click the only icon that's there to use the synchronize option, and...It doesn't exist. The only options that are there are the ones in the attached picture. If I delete the program and start over, there's at least a few accounts I feel like I can probably never get back into. So here's what I'm asking: How much did my usual absent-mindedness and irresponsibility screw me like I deserve to be? I'll try more to get the password, but I don't ever see myself getting it.

Offline legoblade807

Re: Forgot Master Password, Can't Do Crap About It
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:48:34 AM »
Got it. Still wondering why all the...everything happened though.

Offline Melissa68

Re: Forgot Master Password, Can't Do Crap About It
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2019, 06:17:03 PM »
... so what was the solution?  I am about to uninstall Avast.  Lost all my passwords.