Author Topic: Virus making pages show partial text, phone screen keeps taking stills, avast?  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Chris1022

I started with avast and it was due to the fact i have one virus in my cell phone and ome or maybe same on pc. The screen takes pictires and is trying to most likely find certain data and its the worst on gmail
 Then on pc, i have this deal i have been told may be from a trojan where my text(writing) from both what i type to even just online where you will see every other letter and some times only half of the letter? Avast has done nothing to help me, even said "no issues found"

So if i have major issues that are getting so bad i cannot work,  how come avast isnt doing the job?

Offline Cluster-Lizard2014

Have you done a full system scan with AVAST on your PC?

Take it offline first and disconnect everything you do not normally have attached then boot in Safe Mode and start the scan.

I'd also use Malwarebytes to do the same thing and their AdWCleaner too.

If there is something nasty infecting or interfering with the functioning of your computer that could expose the culprit.

Also check what is running at startup - most easily done using CCleaner; in particular look for anything unusual in Scheduled Tasks.   

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Is PUP detection turned ON

Take it offline first and disconnect everything you do not normally have attached then boot in Safe Mode and start the scan.
Scanning in safe mode does not give any better detection

Malwarebytes is not designed to be run in safe mode, it will run but crippled as all drivers are not loaded

If there is a active malware (that avast detect) it should have been detected by avast realtime monitoring

« Last Edit: May 14, 2019, 01:12:06 PM by Pondus »

Offline Cluster-Lizard2014

Yes, sorry, I should have made that clear as regards Malwarebytes/AdWCleaner. Run those in normal boot mode of course.

My feeling from the fairly sparse and unclear information provided by the OP is that this is more likely some type of PUP running at startup rather than anything else.

In Safe Mode AVAST won't give any better detection but it might stop whatever is causing this problem running which, if it was, could prevent it from being removed. That's also why I suggested taking the PC offline too. It might be connecting to some dodgy site every time the machine boots.

I'd do a through clean up using CCleaner too and get rid of all the cookies for the same reason.       
« Last Edit: May 15, 2019, 12:52:05 AM by Cluster-Lizard2014 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
In Safe Mode AVAST won't give any better detection but it might stop whatever is causing this problem running which, if it was, could prevent it from being removed.
Safe mode can help with removal of some stubborn malware (if detected) most security programs today give a message after scan saying something like  >>this and that will be removed when you reboot<<   Malwarebytes is one ....