Author Topic: New Avast Premiere Update  (Read 1611 times)

Offline obsirius

New Avast Premiere Update
« on: May 13, 2019, 01:13:47 AM »
There is something very wrong with this update.  I couldn't get several programs to run today.  I would try running a file from those programs, I would try to run from the menu, etc. and NOTHING worked.  No messages, no nothing.  I even reinstalled some.  After about 5 minutes, the programs would run!   I finally realized these were all programs I had put to sleep in Avast, so I went to Cleanup Premium, and THAT wouldn't run either!  No circle twirling, no nothing.  Just sat there.  Finally, again after about 5 minutes, it suddenly sprang to life, and I ignored all the apps that wouldn't run, and now they are fine.  This update needs to be fixed, asap.  This is a deal breaker. 

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: New Avast Premiere Update
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 08:59:49 AM »
There is something very wrong with this update.  I couldn't get several programs to run today.  I would try running a file from those programs, I would try to run from the menu, etc. and NOTHING worked.  No messages, no nothing.  I even reinstalled some.  After about 5 minutes, the programs would run!   I finally realized these were all programs I had put to sleep in Avast, so I went to Cleanup Premium, and THAT wouldn't run either!  No circle twirling, no nothing.  Just sat there.  Finally, again after about 5 minutes, it suddenly sprang to life, and I ignored all the apps that wouldn't run, and now they are fine.  This update needs to be fixed, asap.  This is a deal breaker.

Hi,

you are probably the first one who reported such issue after the last update, we've never encountered it before.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.