Author Topic: Scanning Local Disk never finishes.  (Read 3024 times)

Offline guzzi948.pt

Scanning Local Disk never finishes.
« on: May 20, 2019, 06:17:27 AM »
My hard drive has 5 partitions. The software is able to successfully scan 4, the 5th disk freezes at 'Index verification completed' with the progress bar sitting at 1%. The windows equivalent completes it's scan and reports no issues. The partition in question has a capacity of 159GB with 133GB free.
Is there a logical explanation for this, or is there some form of debugging required to diagnose this issue?

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Scanning Local Disk never finishes.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 10:44:40 AM »
My hard drive has 5 partitions. The software is able to successfully scan 4, the 5th disk freezes at 'Index verification completed' with the progress bar sitting at 1%. The windows equivalent completes it's scan and reports no issues. The partition in question has a capacity of 159GB with 133GB free.
Is there a logical explanation for this, or is there some form of debugging required to diagnose this issue?

Hi,

could you please specify which feature you started when it got stucked? Where did you navigate in the UI?

Also we would need the log files from your machine to see what happened there.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.
Thank you.

Offline guzzi948.pt

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 01:14:06 PM »
Hi,
From the home screen, 'Fix problems' shows '1 PROBLEM FOUND'.
I click on the icon, the notification is '1 disk has never been scanned for errors'.
The the 'SHOW' button is clicked.
Next 'Local Disk Z !Never Scanned is shown with the option to 'Scan Now'
Scan Now is clicked
Stage 1 Examining basic file system structure - processes fully
Stage 2 Examining file name linkage -processes fully
then it shows 'Index verification completed with the 1% progress

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2019, 02:52:02 PM »
Hi,
From the home screen, 'Fix problems' shows '1 PROBLEM FOUND'.
I click on the icon, the notification is '1 disk has never been scanned for errors'.
The the 'SHOW' button is clicked.
Next 'Local Disk Z !Never Scanned is shown with the option to 'Scan Now'
Scan Now is clicked
Stage 1 Examining basic file system structure - processes fully
Stage 2 Examining file name linkage -processes fully
then it shows 'Index verification completed with the 1% progress

Got it, thanks for the detailed procedure how you induced the bug.

We are about to release an update of the existing version which will most likely fix this problem.
The new version will be released later today so based on the internal update mechanism your program will be updated in the upcoming days.

Please wait for the new version and then try it again to see whether the problem is fixed.
If not, let us know, send us the log files as I specified in the previous reply and we will take a look at it.

Thank you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager