Author Topic: Cant sync Avast Passwords because I can't confirm Avast account password change  (Read 2282 times)

Offline srgbnd

I did reset for my Avast account password. Now I'm trying to sync Avast Passwords on my devices (macOS and Android). And I can't sync any device because I am requested to confirm the account password change from another synced device. And I have no another synced device. Another option I see is to enter my previous Avast account password. And I don't know it. What do I have to do to sync the Avast Passwords on my devices?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 07:13:29 PM by Sergey283 »

Offline srgbnd

I found my old Android phone and saw the approve requests are going there. I click approve but I see "It appears you have not approved on your another device" message on my current Android. Also, there are many captcha messages, one after another.

Offline srgbnd

And after all these approvals, in my macOS Avast Passwords I see a request to login to my Avast account. I put the correct password (I know it is correct because I tried it via browser) and I see the message "Something went wrong. Please try again." 

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Hi srgbnd,

I have now deleted your Passwords synchronization as you requested in a private message. You should be able to start the synchronization process once again from the beginning. Please see the instructions in this support article if needed: https://support.avast.com/article/255/

Offline srgbnd

Hi BWhit.
It works now. Thank you.