Author Topic: Suspect DLL infected by Agent.atq  (Read 4615 times)

wizzer

Suspect DLL infected by Agent.atq
« on: August 09, 2006, 03:43:38 PM »
Hello,

today after an avast update, in my company all our connection software for the UMTS network card seems to be infected by the Trojan Agetnt.atq

The  weird thing is that also the original software downloaded from vodafone and the original cd seems to be infected, and also the oldest version of this software, just today are recongnized like infected.

Avast obviously has made his work moving the suspected DLL (UpdateX.ddl) in the chest, disabling all our software.

My questioni is, it’s possibile that the DLL is not infected but avast recognize it like a virus for some reason?

Can i send you the original dll to control it?

I need help urgently,  becouse all my collegues out of office use this software to connect.

Thanks in advance

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Suspect DLL infected by Agent.atq
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 04:03:45 PM »
My questioni is, it’s possibile that the DLL is not infected but avast recognize it like a virus for some reason?
Can i send you the original dll to control it?
To know if a file is a false positive, please submit it to JOTTI or VirusTotal and let us know the result. If it is indeed a false positive, send it in a password protected zip to virus@avast.com
Please, mention in the body of the message why you think it is a false positive and the password used.

I need help urgently,  becouse all my collegues out of office use this software to connect.
As a workaround, until the problem is corrected, add it to the Exclusions lists:
For the Standard Shield provider (on-access scanning):
Left click the 'a' blue icon, click on the provider icon at left and then Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and click on Add button...

For the other providers (on-demmand scanning):
Right click the 'a' blue icon, click Program Settings.
Go to Exclusions tab and click on Add button...
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 04:08:01 PM »
The problem is fixed in today's VPS update (0632-1).

wizzer

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 05:09:44 PM »
Updating dei definition file all seems working correctly.

thank you