Author Topic: Can't now access MS office apps  (Read 3484 times)

Offline neilmbarker

Can't now access MS office apps
« on: May 22, 2019, 10:08:49 PM »
I've just got avast clean up premium and did what it said and now i cant access MS word, excel etc. I'm assuming this is a known issue and someone will be able to help me.

Cheers,

Neil

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Can't now access MS office apps
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 09:55:02 AM »
I've just got avast clean up premium and did what it said and now i cant access MS word, excel etc. I'm assuming this is a known issue and someone will be able to help me.

Cheers,

Neil

Hi,

this is not the intended behavior neither a known bug and we apologize for the inconveniences caused by our product.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.
Thank you.

Offline neilmbarker

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 09:44:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply,

I've managed to get them back. They weren't coming out of Avast background and startup programs "sleep"  mode. So i manually ignored them and it's working now.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 02:03:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

I've managed to get them back. They weren't coming out of Avast background and startup programs "sleep"  mode. So i manually ignored them and it's working now.

That's nice that you found a workaround however this issue should not happen so if you would send us logs so we can take a look at it, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks you.

Offline neilmbarker

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 07:00:05 PM »
sent

Offline Shirley60

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 01:14:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply,

That's nice that you found a workaround however this issue should not happen so if you would send us logs so we can take a look at it, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks you.

I have the same problem and have only managed to access Office Products by do a 'Repair' on Office each time I want to use them.

Can you advise?