Author Topic: Avastclear  (Read 3222 times)

Offline ceastonoh

Avastclear
« on: May 24, 2019, 02:25:08 AM »
I am having trouble with my antivirus and it appears the best bet is to uninstall, then clear it all with Avastclear, then reinstall. I can't find anything about what this might do to my passwords. Since I am also having trouble exporting them, that is also not an option.
Thoughts?

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Avastclear
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 11:20:55 AM »
Hi ceastonoh,

If you use the Avastclear utility, it will delete the Passwords vault, meaning that you will lose access to any logins saved locally.

However, I can see that you have previously set up the synchronization/backup feature, so you could use this to restore your logins after using the Avastclear tool.

However, I would recommend that you test that you have the ability to access the backup feature correctly before you rely on it. You can do this by either synchronizing or restoring the passwords data to another device. Please see these support guides for instructions on how to do this: Synchronization guide and Restoring a backup guide

If you cannot use the backup feature, please let me know what happens so that I can either help you to troubleshoot it, or reset it for you if needed.