Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Vapor

What is this?
« on: May 28, 2019, 04:36:56 PM »
I only assume avast program was updated, even thou I have set to let me know first before hand, I was not  aware of this update:( Can anyone explain this please. After letting it fix, what was fixed, there are no info and even after fix if you scan it again its asking you to fix again?

I only assume base on NAG screen after all that websites can track your activities ...blabla..avast is trying to sell other software or parts of it, man when are they going to stop this, I have paid program and I don't need to see this. Just when I renewed my subscription and I thought finally avast stops this nonsense and this

After ignoring it and you do your scan again it keeps on doing this  >:(

Thank you
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:20:20 PM by Vapor »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: What is this?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2019, 04:50:27 PM »
blabla..avast is trying to sell other software or parts of it
Correct 

Avast Antivirus displays notifications about other available Avast products, as well as information related to Avast activity, product updates, warnings, and alerts. You can manage these notifications in Avast settings.
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-popup-notifications

Offline Vapor

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2019, 04:57:05 PM »
Disgusting, honestly. I see if you using free software but I don't pay just becasue I want to have PRO title at the end  avast UI I want to avoid this crap. I don't understand their greed, its as if there is no appreciation to their paid customers.
I have all disabled, yet I still get this garbage.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 04:59:03 PM by Vapor »

Offline Vapor

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2019, 05:07:07 PM »
Honestly  for the first time I feel very strongly ditching avast for good becasue of their greed.

I just renewed my subscription for 3 systems but if I'm not mistaking is there 60 or 30 days money back I feel like asking for money back and forget this for good

I'm going to ask them for refund, keep your NAG software  :(

Well, my request for refund is sent. I'm just tired of this I really am and I hope every paid user will reconsider their choice of AV, maybe then avast will realize that  because of paid users they making some money, until then they continue on doing this.

Did I mention that avast updated itself without my permission that also shouldn't be happening otherwise, why do we have settings for if avast will do it anyways, what else avast does behind your knowledge.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 05:37:35 PM by Vapor »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2019, 06:22:41 PM »
I'm going to ask them for refund, keep your NAG software
Orders, Renewals, and Refunds - FAQs
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Order-Renew-Refund-FAQ

Offline Vapor

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2019, 06:53:02 PM »
 :( Its been little over 30 days, we will see. After 20 years I will gladly move to something else. There is time when you just have enough of bouncing back and forth with this, Its been fine for a long time and that's why I decided to renew my license but seems coincident and I know it is coincident becasue three is ton of users renewing their subscriptions so it can be only me but shortly after my renew they doing it again.

I feel they have no regard  to users options and choices. One thing is to offer something once but not to impose themselves so ignorantly
Thanks
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:57:35 PM by Vapor »

Offline Vapor

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2019, 08:14:28 PM »
I'm trying NOD32 AV so far impressed, its very light weight  :) 

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 08:33:50 PM »
I'm trying NOD32 AV so far impressed, its very light weight  :)
Yepp it is, and if you are a geek then it may be the one for you, a million settings you can play with

Offline Vapor

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2019, 09:56:33 PM »
Yap, its very clean UI and it feels much quicker in responses, I really like it.

If I don't get refund for avast its OK I will use it on my old systems that I don't really baby until it expires (long 3 years) or until the systems go south but I think I made up my mind and might get 3 licences of NOD32 and its sad becasue until today avast was my favourite AV and I want to be loyal but  its to much of that, at least for my liking, maybe others don't mind paying and still putting up with that.

Hopefully 1 day avast will change their tactics to bring more paying customers but until then, I'm sure they will lose long loyal customers first.

Thank you for your help and ear to vent.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:59:08 PM by Vapor »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2019, 06:46:36 AM »
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Vapor

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 07:25:29 AM »
You can disable the ads in the paid versions: Avast GUI -> Settings -> Personal Privacy
Why you think I'm so pissed  I can believe how  greedy avast is, its not enough that I will pay every 3 years $ for several of my system, they want more by rudely imposing their stupid selling tactics on Loyal paying customers.

That's all I've been using avast Pro and yet, still get this nonsense. What's worse with this one is that this update have sneaked into my system without me even knowing it and out of nowhere I have another icon on my desktop.

I have used avast pro for  20 years and  I always  get pro to avoid this......enough.

I have submitted for refund but I doubt, its been almost 40 days since my renewal, that's OK I will just let it sit and expire.

Thank you all  guys for been sounding board I appreciate that ;)