Author Topic: Phone has all the sudden gone to a password screen instead of using fingerprint  (Read 3080 times)

Offline imamuseoffire

Hello. A couple days ago I set up the Avast anti theft in my android phone. It was set to use fingerprint with numeric password as backup. I also input a pattern.  This afternoon,I went to use my phone and after taking the fingerprint,it said i needed to input the password as a backup for extended protection.  It brought up a different screen which wants a different password. I tried my numeric one and that's not it. I don't know what to do, someone please help.

Offline imamuseoffire

Does it wasn't some other password such as email or Google etc.? Our is this something i have to have another phone and talk to avast about? If so,what phone number do i use?

Offline imamuseoffire

I just wanted to say thank you for all the amazing help I received. It's too bad no one from here chose to even suggest any kind of fix. I see I'm not the only one. However, I did receive some actual help, and I'm back in my phone. Have a lovely evening.