Author Topic: on access scanner  (Read 3371 times)

Heinz

on access scanner
« on: August 26, 2006, 10:48:24 AM »
Is it necessary that the scanner displays what it is scanning ? I find these messages irritating and of no use. Is there a way to stop the messages ?
Thanks !
Heinz

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: on access scanner
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 02:51:55 PM »
Sure it is - it is actually disabled by default.
Just let us know what exactly the messages say (filenames, URLs, e-mail headers...) - each resident provider has its own option.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 03:05:31 PM »
Igor, I think Heinz is talking about the on-access messages.

He seems changed the avast settings without knowing exactly what he was doing...
This is an option disabled by default. You can turn it off going to the Standard Shield provider settings, Advanced tab an unchecking 'Show detailed information on action performed'. You can do this for the other providers too. Hope my assumption is right  8)

Welcome to avast. The most configurable antivirus around  8)
The best things in life are free.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 03:55:56 PM »
Tech, I think that is what Igor was talking about. By asking for 'what the exactly the messages say' it would determine which provider/s the 'Show detailed information on action performed,' related to, rather than to say to disable them all.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 05:52:42 PM »
Tech, I think that is what Igor was talking about. By asking for 'what the exactly the messages say' it would determine which provider/s the 'Show detailed information on action performed,' related to, rather than to say to disable them all.
Yeah... but to do so you can just go to the providers settings, one by one, and see if you have check this option... Don't matter that much which exactly the message says...
Well, we're talking the same by different ways...
The best things in life are free.