Author Topic: Active Virus Shield from AOL  (Read 16660 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Active Virus Shield from AOL
« Reply #30 on: August 26, 2006, 05:03:20 AM »
Does anybody manage to install Active Virus Shield as a second, non-resident, antivirus or this is impossible?
Or remove... or nothing...
Worse than this is that BitDefender is not a resident and it did not detect ClamWin  ::)
Bump... No answers from nodoby...

TAP seems to be using it  ::)
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?s=edada100746f2da9b601d7fb181ef750&p=813704&postcount=67

RejZor was testing it too  ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2006, 08:39:42 AM »
Yeah i was testing (and using it) but since there is some shitty crashing problem with it i went to BitDefender 10... We'll see what i'll use when someone solves that problem (MS or KL i don't care).

Regarding "just on-demand". You can't make it pure on-demand as it will always have to run 1 process (service) to operate correctly. Otherwise it won't work as far as i remember. Simuilar to how BitDefender free works...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2006, 03:03:41 PM »
Regarding "just on-demand". You can't make it pure on-demand as it will always have to run 1 process (service) to operate correctly. Otherwise it won't work as far as i remember. Simuilar to how BitDefender free works...
BitDefender could run as on-demand only... you need only to start the services before using it. A script does it easily.
Problem with AVS is that I can't even manage the installation... it does not allow custom installation  :'(
I could 'extract' the contents of the file and have, in theory, the files of the final installation... but, of course, without the files in system folders and registry keys, no way... it does not work.
I wish I could test the Kaspersky engine without the resident  :'(
The best things in life are free.