Author Topic: I keep getting 2 broken shortcuts.  (Read 1685 times)

Offline damontattersfield

I keep getting 2 broken shortcuts.
« on: May 31, 2019, 07:03:37 AM »
Whenever I run a scan, it always pops up with 2 broken shortcuts. Even when I try to remove them it just says "0 broken shortcuts removed". It's not that i keep getting broken shortcuts, it's just then these 2 broken shortcuts just don't go away. What should I do? Thanks.

Edit: I looked into the issue, the 2 broken shortcuts that can't be removed is from a virtual bass guitar I installed. This bass guitar isn't like a regular file, when I downloaded it, I got an installer, and had to install the program onto my laptop so it's a pretty big file. When I got it on my last computer it slowed it down so much I couldn't move my mouse and everything barely moved. It crashed my computer and I had to delete it to fix my computer. I managed to reinstall the bass guitar better this time, and it worked. I got it again and it works effectively so I don't think it's a virus. When I did install it, it said something went wrong with the install, so I think I actually have an old version not entirely compatible with windows 10. What I'll do is uninstall it and re-install the newest version, so I think I've figured it out. However if you have a theory or idea that it could be a virus or something else I wouldn't know it would really help to let me know, thanks!  :D
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 12:20:56 PM by damontattersfield »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: I keep getting 2 broken shortcuts.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 12:28:33 PM »
Whenever I run a scan, it always pops up with 2 broken shortcuts. Even when I try to remove them it just says "0 broken shortcuts removed". It's not that i keep getting broken shortcuts, it's just then these 2 broken shortcuts just don't go away. What should I do? Thanks.

Edit: I looked into the issue, the 2 broken shortcuts that can't be removed is from a virtual bass guitar I installed. This bass guitar isn't like a regular file, when I downloaded it, I got an installer, and had to install the program onto my laptop so it's a pretty big file. When I got it on my last computer it slowed it down so much I couldn't move my mouse and everything barely moved. It crashed my computer and I had to delete it to fix my computer. I managed to reinstall the bass guitar better this time, and it worked. I got it again and it works effectively so I don't think it's a virus. When I did install it, it said something went wrong with the install, so I think I actually have an old version not entirely compatible with windows 10. What I'll do is uninstall it and re-install the newest version, so I think I've figured it out. However if you have a theory or idea that it could be a virus or something else I wouldn't know it would really help to let me know, thanks!  :D

Hi,

from what you wrote I think you are safe, it does not sound like you have a virus, more likely there might be some problem in our product and I would like to ask you whether you could provide us with log files so we can investigate it more closely.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.