Author Topic: [SOLVED] Remote install and "find computers" problem  (Read 3455 times)

vpxavier

[SOLVED] Remote install and "find computers" problem
« on: August 10, 2006, 10:35:57 AM »
Hello,
I recommended your product to one of my client. He has a "SBS edition".

On his server, in the network neighborhood, he can see the other computers of his domain. But in ADNM, the "find computers" task does not find any computer.
Also, when running a deployment task and writing the computers names (not using "browse") the task is "done" but no installation seems to be really done.
Please help,
Thanks,
Xavier
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 05:16:10 PM by vpxavier »

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Remote install and "find computers" problem
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »
On his server, in the network neighborhood, he can see the other computers of his domain. But in ADNM, the "find computers" task does not find any computer.

How is the discovery task configured? To use the NT LAN Manager, or ActiveDirectory? Try both...

Also, when running a deployment task and writing the computers names (not using "browse") the task is "done" but no installation seems to be really done.

Does the session of the task indicate which computers the task ran on? I mean, normally, the session item in the console should act as a "folder" - with subfolders corresponding with  each computer.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

vpxavier

Re: Remote install and "find computers" problem
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 05:15:52 PM »
You were right! I used the "active directory" option and it worked...
Do you have an idea why it did'nt work with the default option?
Thanks for your help...
Once again: it's really nice to know we -as customers- will have a quick answer to our problems (or questions).
Great job!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 10:08:08 AM by vpxavier »