Author Topic: Cannot Create Installation Package  (Read 3919 times)

kennymilne

Cannot Create Installation Package
« on: August 11, 2006, 11:47:29 AM »
I am evaluating ADNM to roll out across our netowrk, however after installing, creating the security cert, creating the mirror and discovering the computers, I tried to create an installation package to do a test install. 

When I create the job and click on Edit I get the message "Error 0x000000c1"  "Installation Package cannot be edited. Cannot Query the server object"

The only thing I see as a possible problem is the \InstPkgs folder is empty, but I don't know if this get filled in after you create the packages, or if it should have files put in it during installation

Any ideas?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Cannot Create Installation Package
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 07:16:20 PM »
To be honest, the adnm field is something I do know not much about,  but have you already used the search option on this webboard?

I see several threads that may have a answer to your problem if you use "Error 0x000000c1" as search string.
If they do not help, I'm sure someone will respond and help you in this thread to solve the issue soon.

Welcome to the magical avast webboard.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re: Cannot Create Installation Package
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 01:57:21 PM »
Hi kennymilne, and welcome to the avast forum.

Normally, the component needed for creation of the installation packages (the "wizard") is populated to the database during the creation of the mirror. This process should also take place every 30 minutes (by default) - this is the interval in which the mirror is synced. Maybe you were too fast after the installation of the program (i.e. you tried to create an installation package before the database got actually populated)?

I mean, hasn't the problem been (meanwhile) rectified by itself?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.