Author Topic: Astonishing annoying nagging license reminders (bis)  (Read 1952 times)

Offline yann-gael2

Astonishing annoying nagging license reminders (bis)
« on: June 03, 2019, 01:24:54 AM »
Hi all!

I'm worried about the state of Avast the company... I receive nagging reminder to renew my pro license every couple of hours or so... even when registering to post this message, I was redirected to some subscription part of the Avast Web site: is Avast going bankrupt and desperate for money? These nagging popups really do make me want to renew my license and rather search for an alternative solution.

Best,
Yann

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Astonishing annoying nagging license reminders (bis)
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 02:27:56 AM »
Unusual to get a reminder every couple of hours, daily should be enough.

I don't know if this reminder gets more frequent as you get closer to expiry. 
How long is it until your renewal ?

That said, I have been using Avast Free with its various Avast promotions (read ads) for paid versions of avast and or additional avast programs periodically.  I just ignore them, but the paid versions of avast these ads for additional avast programs can be disabled.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline steven_camden

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2022, 03:51:36 PM »
How do you disable the reminders? I have the paid version and every 2 hours I get the pop up.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2022, 04:52:44 PM »
Not really great to breath life into a very old topic almost 3 years old, much has changed in that time.

Even with avast Free I don't get a reminder every 2 hours, I get one 12 days out and I renew, end of issue.

So in getting a reminder every 2 hours it is my guess that the subscription has expired, is that correct  ?
If not how long is left in the subscription ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security