Author Topic: Avast Web Shield and Linkedin  (Read 2148 times)

Offline Steve554

Avast Web Shield and Linkedin
« on: June 05, 2019, 07:20:06 PM »
For over a week I was unable to access Linkedin - until i turned off webshield. I kept getting a 'site cannot be reached' message.

No other website are impacted.

I am on Mac and it's happening on all three browsers I use, safari, Chrome and FireFox - all of which are updated, i cleared cookies on, restarted my router etc etc.

Any ideas? I need access to LinkedIn for work.
Modify message

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
Re: Avast Web Shield and Linkedin
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 08:57:58 AM »
Hello,
please send us a support package (https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/Submit-Mac-Security-support-file), in which you mention this post; we may be able to find out what is going on on your Mac.
Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek

Offline Steve554

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 01:00:07 PM »
Done, thanks

Offline ondrej.kolacek

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 04:16:13 PM »
Hello,

I am not sure what is wrong. From the logs there are multiple attempts to connect to 91.225.248.129:443 which is an ip address belonging to linkedin, and it is correct that the connects fail as that computer is not a https server. However the reason why these connect attempts even occur is unclear; Avast WebShield is just forwarding these. It is possible that due to the fact that WebShield only transmits incomplete information about these errors to the browsers (limitation of the infrastructure that Apple offers), the browsers do not trigger some fallback procedure which would work around this.

I suggest adding exception for *.linkedin.com to webshield.

Alternatively, if you want to help us, I have sent you instructions via email.

Kind regards,
Ondrej Kolacek