Author Topic: Avast Cleanup free automatic renewal? HELP!  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Elder10

Avast Cleanup free automatic renewal? HELP!
« on: June 05, 2019, 02:44:54 PM »
Hi!
I activated 2 free licenses, the premier, and the cleanup.
They are about to expire, and while I do like the program, I am very short on funds right now and I CANNOT pay for renewal at this time!

I have unsubscribed from the premier and I BELIEVE I turned off automatic renewal.

I am worried about the cleanup, I will post a picture, but as you can see, it doesn't say that it is connected to my main email.  I HIGHLY doubt I did it under another email, but I can't afford for it to automatically renew!

https://imgur.com/5fVfKJF

How can I unsubscribe to it before time is up!?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:51:56 PM by Elder10 »

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Avast Cleanup free automatic renewal? HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2019, 03:01:26 PM »
Hi Elder10,

The Cleanup trial was registered to a mistyped version of your email address. I have corrected this for you now, and cancelled the renewal as well. I have requested an email confirming the cancellation from our distributor (Digital River), which you should receive to the correct email address today.

Offline Elder10

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2019, 03:03:37 PM »
Hi Elder10,

The Cleanup trial was registered to a mistyped version of your email address. I have corrected this for you now, and cancelled the renewal as well. I have requested an email confirming the cancellation from our distributor (Digital River), which you should receive to the correct email address today.

Bless you!  Thank you very much for the fast and gracious help!  I just reloaded my account page and it is now listed, and you are assured that I will not be recharged for either? EDIT: I see that the renewal is cancelled for cleanup! I really do like avast and I will continue to use it, I just cannot afford to do so at this moment!
Also, are you able to see if the premier renewal was cancelled, or not?
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:08:18 PM by Elder10 »

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2019, 04:25:15 PM »
Glad to be able to help!

I can confirm that you will not be charged for either the Avast Cleanup Premium or the Avast Premier subscriptions, and the renewals for both are cancelled.

Please note, the renewal for your remaining trial for Avast SecureLine is still active and due to occur in August - you should be able to cancel this from your account page ahead of time if needed.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can assist you with.