Author Topic: Client Program update  (Read 4058 times)

Offline jjunc

Client Program update
« on: June 06, 2019, 04:18:13 PM »
Running Avast Business console 6.0.14

Under Devices - when I click on a device, it shows that a new program version is available for the client and that Automatic updates are on, but it has been showing that for several days.  When does the client update the program?  The definition updates are running fine.  I know that the device has been restarted every day by the user.

Offline Lukas Mizoch

Re: Client Program update
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 05:03:48 PM »
You must create task in Tasks menu to force updating programs on your computers.

Offline jjunc

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2019, 07:04:49 PM »
No, automatic updating means you should not have to create a task.  I do not create a task to automatically update the virus defintions.

Offline Lukas Mizoch

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2019, 07:55:21 PM »
New program version is distributed in two phases: in first phase update is available only by creating task, in second phase all computers are updated automatically.

Offline Lukas Mizoch

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2019, 07:57:03 PM »
Avast Business Antivirus 19.5 will be available for new installations straight away. All existing devices with Avast Business Antivirus 19.3 or lower will start the automatic upgrade to 19.5 at a later time. If you wish to upgrade your devices to 19.5 prior to the automatic upgrade, then you can create a new Task (Update device – Program update task) from your console. A system reboot will be required, however, the user can postpone the reboot. There will be no forced reboot of devices.

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=227613.0

Offline Infratech Solutions

• Avast Reseller
  • Super Poster
  • Mayorista e integrador de Avast en España
    • Ciberseguridad Avast para empresas y MSPs en España.
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2019, 12:07:10 PM »
When does second phase start?

Offline jjunc

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2019, 06:37:09 PM »
The automatic program update has hit some of my clients today (without me creating any task for it).  The clients are prompted to restart to finish the update and can choose to postpone it.    In the console, it may show "Restart required to apply the changes.  Create a restart task", if it hasn't been restarted by the user.  The clients where the program update has completed are showing 19.5(2563).

Offline tomsc

• Avast team
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 04:58:44 AM »
The automatic update was postponed from our side. Nothing is wrong with your console. Sorry for the confusion it caused we will make sure to communicate this beforehand next time. You should be able to automatically update to 19.5 now.