Author Topic: my.avast.com doesn't recognize my PAID subscriptions anymore! HELP!  (Read 3455 times)

Offline massimo.dragoni

I checked after a while my my.avast.com website, and it says that I don't have any subscriptions, but I have Avast (Ultimate) on my Android phone since 3 years!

The App on the phone says the license is active, the account is registered with the same email I use when I login into my.avast.com and report correctly the "Ultimate Yearly Subscription" that I automatically renew every year through the Play Store.

NOTE: previously I was able to see my subscription, use Anti-Theft etc.

HELP! :'( :'( :'(

In this way I can't use the Anti-Theft, and I really need it soon as I have to travel in many places in the next weeks.

I want my paid subscriptions back! >:(
Max
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 03:39:49 PM by massimo.dragoni »

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: my.avast.com doesn't recognize my PAID subscriptions anymore! HELP!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2019, 05:03:26 PM »
Hi Max,

I'm sorry that the license is not currently appearing on your Avast Account. However, this is not necessary in order to enable the Anti-Theft feature (and enabling the feature should in fact cause the license to appear on the account).

Please follow the instructions in this support article for enabling Anti-Theft: https://support.avast.com/article/216/

As part of the process, you will be asked to log into your Avast Account, which will synchronize the phone and the account. Once Anti-Theft is fully enabled, you can access the web controls from within your Avast account by clicking the Menu icon (9 squares) in the upper left corner > click "Anti-Theft".

Please let me know by responding here if you are able to get this working.

Offline massimo.dragoni

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 05:26:19 PM »
Hi and thanks for the prompt answer.

So, let's divide this in 2 sections, so we can keep them separated:

- Anti-Theft

Done what you suggested. The truth is that the web access was already configured (I used it for the past 2-3 years) but I decided to log-off from Avast on my phone and re-login for the Anti-Theft feature.
Result: from the phone it's all ok, from the my.avast.com, the section about Anti-Theft shows always the same message:

"Enable Anti-Theft to protect your phone
Just install our free Avast Mobile Security and enable Anti-Theft.  (See how)
Then return here anytime to remotely control and track your phone."

NOTE: This happens accessing both with a browser from a computer or my smartphone.

- Managing the phone through my.avast.com
On 22 apr 2019 21:55:37 CEST I renewed my yearly subscription to this for my smartphone:
"Ultimate Yearly Subscription 30% Off (Avast Antivirus – Mobile Security & Virus Cleaner)"
so it should appear into the subscription, as it's a PAID option, am I wrong?
Again, it was listed correctly, and it should not be affected by the new Avast rules of few months ago, as they are related to computer, and free app.

Please clarify, I feel frustrated and unable to manage my phone, together with the fact that, as I don't have any dashboard available anymore on my.avast.com, if the phone is stolen, I have no way to control Anti-Theft features (see above paragraphs for details).

Regards,
Max
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 05:27:50 PM by massimo.dragoni »

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 12:18:49 PM »
Hi Max,

I'm sorry that I did not identify this as a system issue when I initially replied, and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused during this time.

Our development team report that issue with Anti-theft not working correctly on the Avast Account site has now been resolved.

Can I ask you to let me know if you are still experiencing issues with the Avast Account service?

Offline massimo.dragoni

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 09:44:38 AM »
Dear BWhit,

- Anti-Theft
The Anti-Theft seems to work correctly (there are few bugs related to Google maps in the "Locate" tab:
an image is missing, and if you open it in another tab you receive this error
"The Google Maps Platform server rejected your request. You must use an API key to authenticate each request to Google Maps Platform APIs. For additional information, please refer to http://g.co/dev/maps-no-account"
so I guess is about Avast ang Google Maps API permissions/integration.
But at least the menu is back, thanks.

About the other issue, I still receive the message
"You don’t have any licenses. How about getting one?"
when I purchased 1 year license of the "Ultimate Yearly Subscription 30% Off (Avast Antivirus – Mobile Security & Virus Cleaner)" on April 2019.
So, still frustrated about this.
Why is this happening? I understood only the free licenses would have disappeared from the menu, not the one For Mobiles & Paid ones.
I would expect for the paid products to be recognized and listed, so they can be managed accordingly.

Please let me know asap.
Max

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 04:48:31 PM »
Hi Max,

- Anti-Theft
Glad to hear that the menu is back at least.
The broken image link is supposed to be an image fetched from Google Street View at the phone's location. I have reported the issue to our developers now. In the mean time, Street View can still be accessed directly from the embedded Google Map on the same page. Thank you for reporting the error.

I'm sorry, I provided the wrong information regarding which licenses will show in your Avast account when I posted my initial reply. Please see correct information below:
  • Currently, the ability to view mobile subscriptions purchased through Google Play has not been fully released - only a small number of users who have the latest version of the app, and have Anti-Theft enabled, have recently been able to view these subscriptions. It is planned to release this for all users in the future.
  • I have been advised by the mobile team that it was not possible historically to view mobile licenses purchased via Google Play on the Avast account website - the licenses were not removed as part of the Avast account updates and they were not available prior to the above release.
  • However the account will show mobile licenses purchased via the Avast website. Please note that it is only currently possible to purchase Avast SecureLine licenses in this way - other mobile licenses can only be purchased via Google Play.
  • Even for users who can see their licenses in the Avast account, it is not possible to manage them from the account (in the sense that you cannot make any changes to the subscriptions; it only currently possible to view them) - these subscriptions can only be managed via Google Play directly.
  • You can use the Google Play Store app to easily access and manage your Avast mobile subscriptions purchased via Google Play. To do this, you simply need to open the Google Play Store app > tap the 'Menu' icon in the top left corner > tap "Subscriptions".
Again, I apologise for the incorrect information I gave you previously, and for any inconvenience caused by the reported issues. Please don't hesitate to provide any further feedback you might have.