Author Topic: Windows  (Read 2678 times)

dikizie

Windows
« on: August 11, 2006, 02:31:12 AM »
Hello, I have being using Avast 4 pro for a while. I updated my avast antivirus last week and Windows Security Centre pops up and tells me "Avast! Antivirus 4.7.844 [vps 0632-2] reports that it might be out of date". After a while Avast would tell me new vps available and it would try to install. Only for it to say vps already up to date. I have uninstalled avast antivirus and reinstalled, and it still gives this error, with this error the windows security center icon is always on my tray. Please could anyone help

Spiritsongs

Re: Windows
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2006, 02:41:17 AM »
 :)  Hi Dikizie :

Best to turn "off" the "Virus Protection" section of the
    "Security Center" ; while you are at it, turn "off" the other
    2, namely "Firewall" ( you should be using another, like
    Zone Alarm, Kerio, etc ) and "Automatic Updates" (
    Microsoft recently tried to "sneak" in a dubious KB 905474).

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2006, 03:20:50 AM »
Strange, I have KB 905474 installed and have never a trouble with avast detection by Windows Security Center  ??? ::)
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 03:44:42 PM »
Check your system date, especially the day, month and year, correct if required.

If it is correct, you might try a repair of avast. Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow. You need to be on-line to do this.

I have seen this correct what seems to be an imbalance in the dates shown between what is reported in the about avast and what is displayed in the Simple User Interface.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security