Author Topic: Avast blocking/disconnecting League of Legends online game  (Read 11821 times)

Offline unfortaltyx48

Avast blocking/disconnecting League of Legends online game
« on: June 12, 2019, 05:11:10 AM »
For the past 2 days, haven't been figure out why I couldn't connect to league of legends game. The League clients works but when it time to load the game after champ select, it refuses to load. I thought it was on Riot end, but it ended up being AVAST AV (using free version) blocking the connection. I had AVAST FREE AV for over 2 years and can't believe it now blocks the game. Problem is you either are unable to load/reconnect game and if do get in the game, you will be disconnect and unable to rejoin/reconnect afterwards.

Can't believe the solution is to uninstall and use an alternative AV. I just want to fix this because other Avast and League players suffer from this.

Offline Wallofasgard2

Re: Avast blocking/disconnecting League of Legends online game
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2019, 06:31:39 AM »
You can start it normally if you are going to disable all Avast Shields...the downside ofcourse is we are butt naked.Been happening to me also but i cant change my anti virus for i am using it for more than 5 years.Either we wait for avast team to fix it or to wait for the game devs to patch the game.

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 09:39:09 AM »
Hi unfortaltyx48,
can you try to disable core shields one by one in following order: Web shield, File shield, Behavioral Shield, Antirootkit to find which component causes the disconnection ?

Offline Arthur Gibraltar

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 08:19:22 PM »
You can start it normally if you are going to disable all Avast Shields...the downside ofcourse is we are butt naked.Been happening to me also but i cant change my anti virus for i am using it for more than 5 years.Either we wait for avast team to fix it or to wait for the game devs to patch the game.

I disabled everything and still couldn't play :( Tried to add the game to scanning exclusions before disabling, didn't work either

EDIT: I don't know if it helps, but I have some log files of after trying to play; they keep repeating this message;

[... lots ant lots of messages then:]
002167.781| ALWAYS| Queued Dradis event to be sent.
002167.781| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-rso-auth| Refresh successful.
002167.782| ALWAYS|           rcp-be-lol-login| lol-login: Updating access token.
002167.782| ALWAYS| rcp-be-riot-messaging-service| Access token has changed.
002167.782| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-rso-auth| Refreshing tokens in 556.4 seconds...
002168.630|  ERROR|           rcp-be-lol-clash| CLASH_DISABLED
002168.988| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364290490.
002171.162| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364292664.
002176.067|   OKAY|           rcp-be-lol-lobby| Set ready retry backoff time: 10.000000
002180.075| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364301577.
002181.738| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364303239.
002186.070|   OKAY|           rcp-be-lol-lobby| Set ready retry backoff time: 10.000000
002196.091|   OKAY|           rcp-be-lol-lobby| Set ready retry backoff time: 10.000000
002199.013| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364320514.
002201.168| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364322670.
002206.102|   OKAY|           rcp-be-lol-lobby| Set ready retry backoff time: 10.000000
002210.102| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364331604.
002211.758| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Setting gameflow patcher lock to 1560364333260.
002216.121|   OKAY|           rcp-be-lol-lobby| Set ready retry backoff time: 10.000000
002216.233|  ERROR| RemotingServer: Failed to read from socket 127.0.0.1:52333, recv() returned: -1, errno: 10054 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

002216.233|  ERROR| RemotingServer: Closing socket due to previous error.
002216.235|  ERROR| RemotingServer: Failed to read from socket 127.0.0.1:52341, recv() returned: -1, errno: 10054 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

002216.235|  ERROR| RemotingServer: Closing socket due to previous error.
002216.236|  ERROR| RemotingServer: Failed to read from socket 127.0.0.1:52343, recv() returned: -1, errno: 10054 An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.

002216.236|  ERROR| RemotingServer: Closing socket due to previous error.
002216.385| ALWAYS|        rcp-be-lol-gameflow| Client is no longer running.
[... and lots of messages after these.]

Another log file says:
[...]
000017.498| ALWAYS|   CFG| MultiplayerSettings Encryption=true Compression=true Logging=false Wireless=false Redundancy=false Threshold=0 Resends=20
000017.498| ALWAYS|  FLOW| SEJ-6671BCAD
000074.543| ALWAYS|  CONN| {"messageType":"riot__game_client__connection_info","message_body":"Disconnected","disconnect_delay":15.000000953674316406,"disconnect_timestamp":59.30670166015625}
000074.543| ALWAYS|  CONN| Application terminating due to disconnect while loading
000076.109| ALWAYS| Process Force Terminating.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 01:51:46 AM by Arthur Gibraltar »

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2019, 08:47:03 PM »
Hi unfortaltyx48,
can you try to disable core shields one by one in following order: Web shield, File shield, Behavioral Shield, Antirootkit to find which component causes the disconnection ?

Does this appear to be the same as this other topic (can't add exception) with gaming related issues, that you have contributed to ?
https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=227718.msg1508930#msg1508930
Windows 10 Home 2004 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 20.8.2432 (build 20.8.5684.602) UI-1.0.564/ WinPatrol+/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jaroslav.nix

• Avast team
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 04:59:52 PM »
Hi, thanks for reporting. We were able to reproduce similar behavior on Windows 7 OS and we are now preparing the fix. It should go out with the next VPS update. As a temporary solution, you might disable the anti-exploit shield, please see attached screenshot.

Offline LukasJ

• Avast team
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 10:40:03 PM »
Hi,
Issue was fixed few minutes ago in virus definition (190613-6)

Lukas

Offline Arthur Gibraltar

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2019, 04:57:08 AM »
Hi,
Issue was fixed few minutes ago in virus definition (190613-6)

Lukas

Updated Virus Definition, problem still happens, game server still shows the message that avast! is incompatible

Disabling anti-exploit doesn't solve the problem

I've just started using avast! again and this happens... :O

Windows 10

EDIT: I can't keep testing or I'm gonna get banned because I can't join the games! x.x

EDIT 2: should I uninstall avast! and reinstall? What can I do so the antivirus can run with the game? I don't want to change to another antivirus, I love avast! :D

I tried disabling every shield and the anti-exploit, adding the game files to all exclusions, the game won't connect after the matchmaker finishes and the champions are locked; and now that you said you fixed it I don't know if it the problem is in my end: but I didn't change anything in my computer/router/software; it's just League of Legends that won't connect, so I'm not sure about anything.

Off-topic: Avast's new UI is... not nice... ... ... :(
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:50:52 AM by Arthur Gibraltar »

Offline Wallofasgard2

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 06:50:57 AM »
I can confirm that it was fixed on my part.Thank you very much. :)

Offline kwiq

• Avast team
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2019, 08:36:42 AM »
Hi Arthur Gibraltar,
we found that League of Legends.exe anti-cheat solution detected avast anti-exploit shield as cheat tool and crashed itself. From Lol anti-cheat description (https://technology.riotgames.com/news/riots-approach-anti-cheat)  there is a lot of anti debug/cheat checks which are active in a random order and some of them may still detect avast as cheat tool ! 
That is why your feedback is really appreciated !

Offline Arthur Gibraltar

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2019, 03:18:12 PM »
Hi Arthur Gibraltar,
we found that League of Legends.exe anti-cheat solution detected avast anti-exploit shield as cheat tool and crashed itself. From Lol anti-cheat description (https://technology.riotgames.com/news/riots-approach-anti-cheat)  there is a lot of anti debug/cheat checks which are active in a random order and some of them may still detect avast as cheat tool ! 
That is why your feedback is really appreciated !

If it was fixed, then it's in my end, then, but I won't bother myself or you resolving it now, I'm Ok not playing anymore; I prefer keeping my antivirus. \o/ :D

I use COMODO Firewall, with avast!, which has shellcode injections protection. Maybe COMODO is interfering with League of Legends too, I'm gonna try disabling COMODO; I forgot it has HIPS and Auto-Containment. [Just did that while writing the post, and the problem continues]

As a gamer which values game accounts, in which I spent money already, my e-mail, my PC security and my mental sanity; plus as a game designer which knows how difficult is to program a software: I never used or will use cheats or piracy, which I personally classify as a type of malware. I try to control everything that's running in my machine. I don't run another programs besides the essentials. 

I only run Steam, Origin... and other games like LoL and Minecraft. I optimized my PC so it doesn't run anything I don 't want to, and that means I disabled many Windows services, Telemetry, error diagnosis, because it eats my upload bandwidth and I'm using an ADSL connection, which means that if a program uses more than 100 Kbit/s, I only have 400 Kbit/s upload. :P

EDIT: if you need anything like logs from the game, I'd gladly send you, by the way. Or avast! logs, or debugging avast! logs; I just wish not to install anything as I downgraded my account to simple user only and I keep all system modifications in the administrator account; and I blocked apps installation which are not from Microsoft Store (I can disable that; but every installation or system modification requires me to change a lot of settings), and I changed security policies so that Windows doesn't elevate executables which aren't signed.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 04:26:11 PM by Arthur Gibraltar »

Offline Ranconr

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2019, 11:45:41 PM »
i m experiencing the same thing and i deleted avg and avast and from what i heard it isn t even avast's fault

Offline Arthur Gibraltar

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2019, 04:50:23 AM »
I'm gonna post what I did to fix in my end, 'cause that's what I'd like other people to do if they fixed in their ends, otherwise we (or I, I don't know) feel lost and alone, believing no one will ever help and being able to play the game would be a lost cause: [note that every person may need to find it's own solution because a lot was [may be] interfering with the game, at least in my case]

First: update Alwil avast!'s virus definition AND program/engine

Add the game files/folder/anything related to the game to antivirus exclusions, in all shields and global

if you have another protection, like, in my case, COMODO, add the game to its scan exclusions; COMODO (Firewall only) has shellcode injection protection and 'VirusScope', some sort of anti-ransomware: add the game files, folder and anything else related to the game to its scan exclusions and to 'don't detect shellcode injections in these applications': add even avast! to its exclusions because avast! has a self-defense module

add the game 4 main executables to Windows Defender Anti-Exploit system exclusions: Windows Security Center: Apps & browser control: Exploit protection settings: you can disable the entire anti-exploit system (NOT RECOMMENDED): but instead disable for only LoL files: go to Program Settings: Add program to customize:

3 files may be added by Add by program name:

LeagueClient.exe
LeagueClientUx.exe
LeagueClientUxRender.exe

and 1 file needs to be added by exact path because Windows Defender is dumb and doesn't accept space character in the file's name:

find it in your game's installation folder:
League of Legends.exe

for each file added, you'll set 22(one of them implicit) system overrides to turn OFF the anti-exploit:
all of them: ...DEP, CFG, EAF, Mandatory ASLR, et cetera...

in my case, my MTU was too small for League to establish connection because I was dumb and I set it too small one day before the maintenance to test, and I forgot (I tried the size 678); because I use ADSL connection and I was getting too much fragmentation: so raise your MTU in your internet modem and routers to 1400+; 1500 is ideal, but 1492 is needed for PPPoE; mine is 1356 now, because my ISP fragments packets above this size and because of this I need to choose: keep my modem alive by not letting it freeze randomly because of lots of packet fragmentation processing versus being able to play Xbox Live which needs 1384 packet size: gladly I don't have Xbox or Xbox Live games because they will refuse my packets :(

you need to raise it in your modem/router: remember, always take notes of what you change, to change it back to default if something bad happens... I tinker with my PC but I've had serious errors before, now I can say I have a very cosy and obedient (free from bandwidth eating telemetry) machine

[I can't cover here how to change in your router because each one is different, search for your model's company website]

oh, and you need to raise it in your PC using Administrator CMD prompt too:
[from duckduckgo search: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=change+mtu+windows+10&t=ffab&ia=web]

netsh interface ipv4 show subinterface

a list of your network connection interfaces is shown
grab the name for each one and put in the following command instead of Ethernet (mine was Ethernet and the Loopback Adapter thingy):
mtu=1500 means the size of the mtu you want, put the same you have put in your router so no fragmentation occurs

netsh interface ipv4 set subinterface "Ethernet" mtu=1500 store=persistent

don't forget to add "quotes" because they are pretty and they allow you to put the name of interfaces which have space characters

restart your pc

run the game as Administrator

try to create a Custom Game with All Random settings [practice tool doesn't count: my game could connect to it as usual even before the fix]

look to the loading screen nervously without blinking and pray the cursor doesn't change from game cursor to windows cursor (which would mean you were disconnected :( ...)

if the game loads and you can move without any lag, celebrate and go to bed

that's what I did

but it's not over... Try an ARAM game. If it works, then finally you can rest in peace and play. I didn't test normal game yet, but I'm glad I can play, and for me it's enough

MTU: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit
IP Fragmentation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IP_fragmentation
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 04:57:32 AM by Arthur Gibraltar »

Offline bob3160

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 60 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2019, 01:42:10 AM »
All you need to do is use the latest version of Avast and be sure that your Virus Definitions are fully up to date.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 01:43:41 AM by bob3160 »
Free avast! Security Seminar: http://bit.ly/2N1eaR2  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 10 Pro v1909 64bit, 24 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, AvastOmni 20.7.xxx, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq