Author Topic: Avast Auto fill does not add the username and password  (Read 6527 times)

Offline kelvinzzr

Avast Auto fill does not add the username and password
« on: June 13, 2019, 04:14:50 PM »
On powering up my windows 10 pc, I then login to a website, but Avast does not always prompt me to enter the Avast master password.

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Avast Auto fill does not add the username and password
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 12:51:07 PM »
Hi kelvinzzr,

Can I ask you to check whether you have the "Lock Passwords after closing the app" option enabled in the settings menu for your Avast Passwords? If this option isn't selected, the vault won't automatically lock when the PC is shutdown, but will depend on how long it has been since Passwords was last used.

To get to this screen, please open your Avast Antivirus application > click "Privacy" on the left hand side > click the "Passwords" tile > un-lock the vault if it is currently locked > click the "Settings" link in the top right corner. The "Lock Passwords after closing the app" option is listed under the Auto-lock heading.

Please let me know if enabling this option resolves the issue, or if I have misunderstood your situation.

Offline kelvinzzr

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 06:04:15 PM »
Hi there,
Yes, I do have the "Lock Passwords after closing the app" option enabled in the settings menu, along with the other 2 options.
Cheers Kelvin 

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:47:08 PM »
Hi kelvinzzr,

Can I confirm with you whether this issue only occurs if you open the browser a short time after you have turned on the PC, or if the issue is still apparent if you wait a period of time to open the browser after turning on the PC?

Can I also ask if the Passwords icon in your browser (the orange key to the right of the address bar) shows with a red exclamation mark, a red padlock, or only the key (please see the attached images for reference) when it fails to ask you for the Master Password?

Offline kelvinzzr

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 06:41:45 PM »
Hi BWhit,

Sorry for late reply, as I was on holiday for a few days.

The issue occurs for the duration of the browser, until I open AVAST passwords and enter the Master password.
At that point, when I go back to the browser, the password has been filled in.

The browser's password icon shows a red padlock.

Also, when I disable the "Lock Passwords after closing the app", along with the other 2 options, everything works okay!

Cheers Kelvin