Author Topic: my Internet options are set to "Never dial a connection"  (Read 3499 times)

jg.postma

my Internet options are set to "Never dial a connection"
« on: January 13, 2004, 11:53:34 PM »
Every time i shut down en start up again my internet options are set to never dial a connection. I've already tried to edit useRAS in avast4.ini and change it to useRAS=1. Altough this is the advice of avast this doesn't work. Im using Windows ME and I.E. 6.0 and i'm connected to the internet with ADSL using an USB modem. Is there anyone discovering the same problem? or can sombody help me with this.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:my Internet options are set to "Never dial a connection"
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2004, 01:35:59 AM »
What version of avast do you have?

Start avast! > right click the skin > Settings > Updates (Advanced) > choose the permanent connection.

This should work  :-\
The best things in life are free.

jg.postma

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2004, 12:42:31 PM »
Tried that but it doesn't work. :'(
Im using Avast 4.1.319
« Last Edit: January 14, 2004, 01:01:52 PM by jg.postma »

4u1e

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2004, 08:05:30 AM »
Hi jg,

Searching through the forum, it seems to be a common problem. Here's a link to how I resolved it: http://www.avast.com/forum/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=1939;start=msg12964#msg12964

However,  my system's not the same as yours (Windows 95 on a 56k dialup connection through an internal modem), so it may be a completely different issue!

Otherwise all I can suggest is searching back through the older parts of the forum to find someone whose system more closely matches yours. I'm probably teaching grandmother to suck eggs - but don't forget to set the 'maximum age since last post' setting to a suitably high number to get the older results.

Anyway - best of luck.

Matt

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2004, 08:20:27 AM »
jg, how long does it take your machine to show the avast tray icon (the spinning blue ball) after you boot?

Is it like minutes or so? Then you've a problem with RPC. Haven't you played with RPC?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.