Author Topic: Video Downloader **UPDATE**  (Read 2773 times)

Offline shkershaw

Video Downloader **UPDATE**
« on: June 15, 2019, 08:48:49 PM »
I no longer have the video downloader icon  appearing in the browser so am unable to download any videos. Have I done something to make extension disappear?

Update: I did an uninstall & reinstall and the video downloader has come back to menu bar and works for Vimeo videos but Youtube videos do not - it gives message that "There are no videos to download on this page"
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 05:01:25 AM by shkershaw »

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Video Downloader **UPDATE**
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 05:33:50 PM »
Hi shkershaw,

Thank you for reporting the issues you are experiencing using the Video Downloader extension. We are aware of the issues with Youtube for some users, and our development team is currently working on a solution that should be released with the next version.

Offline Legacy User

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 04:11:09 PM »
I was having random issues with Video Downloader and someone in a youtube video comment string said it was due to some videos being blocked for copyright issues. Well, coincidentally, a week or so later a new version of secure browser was pushed out. The result was that everything worked great.

That was a week or two ago. Now I get nothing. At all. The green tab will not show up and the video icon is grey and says "There are no videos to download on this page".

I have version 1.3.251

Everything is turned on in the details screen.

Is this permanent, or is there a resolution in the works?

And yes, I've used Avast for a LONG time and have been paying for it now for a few years.

Offline Adam H

• Quality Assurance Software Tester
  • Avast team
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 05:12:36 PM »
Video providers, like mentioned YouTube, update their sites and pages from time to time and sometimes can these changes influence our video downloader extension in negative way. And it takes some time to fix the extension, to test it and to publish it. Fortunately, you don't have to wait for new extension version since new video downloader version 1.4.259 was just released, so please update the extension and if the problem still persists or if you find another problem, don't hesitate do report it. Thank you for being with us.

Avast Software Tester
Thank you so much for being with us.
Adam H