Author Topic: Hourly internet disconnect?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline John P.

Hourly internet disconnect?
« on: June 17, 2019, 09:54:58 PM »
I'll try to make this as short as possible. I've used the free version of Avast for many years. Never had a serious problem. I use an online chat that runs 24/7 on my computer. About 6 months or so ago I started of having the issue where I noticed via this chat program my computer was being disconnected from the internet very briefly. At the same time EVERY hour. If I rebooted my computer once it was totally booted back up it would then be at THAT time of the hour EVERY hour. I went round and round with my internet company and had swapped out modem after modem. My last ditch effort to find out what the problem was is I deleted Avast. Sure enough the problem stopped. After about a month and a half I decided to try ONE more thing to verify what it was and I re-installed Avast free version. Instantly I started getting disconnected again hourly from the internet. Is this an earth shattering a problem? No, but if on the computer whether chatting, browsing FB, listening to music, getting disconnected from downloads or the 8-9 disconnect notices from the chat program every night or the 8 - 9 times every time during the day got annoying. What issue would it be with Avast  to cause this? Is there a setting in it that could be changed? Is this a normal thing for Avast? Like stated previously I've used Avast a long time but don't recall any issues like this in about the past 6 or 7 months.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Hourly internet disconnect?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 02:42:58 PM »
- Which version of Avast Free..?
- OS..? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP/Build..?)
- Other security related software installed..?
- Which AV(s) did you use before Avast..?
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline saintcynicism

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 09:19:00 PM »
I'd be curious to see a solution too, since it's been plaguing me as well. Though in my case it's specific to SWTOR. Internet and all other programs I run would work fine, but every hour, like clockwork, there's a server disconnect. Only stopped when I uninstalled Avast.

Tried making sure I was running the most current version (I was) and adding the program's executable file to the exception list, still happened.

Offline John P.

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2019, 12:07:05 AM »
The most recent one was the one I had just down loaded and was using when the issue started to occur again after not having it when I had deleted Avast.  2 weeks prior to that. As stated I have used Avast Free for years never any issues and seemed to do a great job. I see on the Forums that this is apparently a wife spread problem with what doesn't appear much what is being done to fix it let alone even it being acknowledged. Had someone recommend Panda Security so I've tried that. Seems to be pretty good and since activating it have had no disconnect issues with anything. IMHO I think Avast has dropped the ball on this one.....

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2019, 06:48:34 AM »
You could try the latest beta: https://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=15
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0