Author Topic: Avast is suddenly missing files, cant open, un/reinstall/repair, no internet  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Cayman

Very frustrating.

Just doing a reboot mid day, been working on the computer and internet all day, the following has occurred.

- windows reboots, no sign of avast, cant connect to internet, no networks visable/available.

- Attempt to repair/uninstall avast, get the message "code execution cannot proceed because DNSAPl.dll was not found.*

*it also flashed multiple windows up that said it was missing other files, but I cannot get those to appear again, only the message about consistantly appears now.

- All instructions for repair on the help forums tell me to uninstall, but I cant. All files avast suggests I download, when downloaded, transferred to broken computer, says it cant connect to avast servers.

Network settings has a corrupt image of my "network status" of 2 solid bars with 4 dashes inbetween when there are usually little computer icons, arrows, etc

Diagnostics says there is nothing wrong with my network connects.

Please assist. I am communicating through an older computer that is barely functional, was stopped mid project while working online with a collaborative professional group, everything was working fine until the reboot. I did uninstall the avast secure browser yesterday. Hoping to resolve this fast before I fall too far behind.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
- All instructions for repair on the help forums tell me to uninstall, but I cant. All files avast suggests I download, when downloaded, transferred to broken computer, says it cant connect to avast servers.

https://support.avast.com/en-us/article/Uninstall-Antivirus-Utility

https://support.avast.com/

Offline Cayman

Ok, just ran the unstill/clear program, it rebooted my system and is now saying that my password is incorrect. have only put in the password about 10,000s of times.... what the heck is going on here?

Offline Cayman

Ok, so for whatever reason, my password wont work when requested after the avast clear program restarts my computer in "safe mode"

When I reboot regularly the password works to get back into my computer, and the avast clear program starts back up, and the message appears saying the cant find the following:

ashbase.dll
aswcmnbs.dll
commonui.dll

It also gave me a log that I am transfering and will post here...
it is attempting to restart in safemode after that with the password still not working in safemode...