Author Topic: This is a mystery to me.  (Read 8256 times)

Offline Vapor

Re: This is a mystery to me.
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2019, 08:47:46 PM »
Frankly, IMO I think the logic of this continued marketing approach is that the upselling will/does generate more "new" purchases of products then it causes existing users to leave Avast and move on.
From my perspective, I believe this to be true, even though I don't support this approach.

Marketers/data analysts do in-depth all-inclusive research and have obviously found this approach productive (generate "increasing" capital) or they would have abandoned it years ago.
It's a business first.

Edit Info.

I hope that this approach avast is taking to lure people to their paying product will paying off on the long run and they are braking even when  their already paying customers leaving.

In fact, several of my wife's friends that are running substantially large law offices in Ontario just dropped  about 350-400 corporate licenses after10 years or so .

This might seem like a small thing, but forcefully redirecting already paying customers to your website(s)  where you advertising more of your products I don't think it's smart,  obviously I'm not the only one who see it that way.

Good things come to an end and even thou, at this point in time doesn't seem that way, but I have personally seen big thriving businesses slowing to a crawl and vanishing  due to their ignorance and overconfidence.

Greed Is Your Worst Enemy  ;)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 08:52:33 PM by Vapor »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2019, 08:52:09 PM »
Frankly, IMO I think the logic of this continued marketing approach is that the upselling will/does generate more "new" purchases of products then it causes existing users to leave Avast and move on.
From my perspective, I believe this to be true, even though I don't support this approach.

The biggest unknown is:
A:  How would they know who leaves because of this, more so how many would be free users and how many paid users pi55ed with these ads (in a paid program).

B:  The unquantifiable damage done by word of mouth recommendations for Avast.  Word of mouth is probably the best and cheapest form of advertising you can get.

Marketers/data analysts do in-depth all-inclusive research and have obviously found this approach productive (generate "increasing" capital) or they would have abandoned it years ago.
It's a business first.

Edit Info.

I honestly don't know how they could quantify or even gather that data/information.  Very few people would take the time and bother going through the process of registering for the forums and registering their feelings about these advertising tactics.  They would probably take a different route and not recommend avast to their friends and family.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2019, 08:53:02 PM »
Yes, time will tell.
 It will show in the Stock Revenue either way. :)

Offline Vapor

« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2019, 09:06:45 PM »
Word of mouth can be a good thing or your worst enemy and I don't think at this point it benefits avast at all.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #19 on: June 19, 2019, 09:25:59 PM »
Yes, time will tell.

But there will be no way to tell what the reasons are for any fall or rise in stock value and that could be down to other things, such as purchase of other companies/products, e.g. AVG.

Marketing would be happy to take credit for any rise but any fall I'm sure there is lots of wriggle room for them to get off the hook.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2019, 09:55:35 PM »
Yes, time will tell.

But there will be no way to tell what the reasons are for any fall or rise in stock value and that could be down to other things, such as purchase of other companies/products, e.g. AVG.

Marketing would be happy to take credit for any rise but any fall I'm sure there is lots of wriggle room for them to get off the hook.

Yup true
You gotta believe though, There are ways to zero in on lost revenue, especially if it's a noticeable (substantial) decrease in Avast product sales and increase in people leaving. I think that one effort to track is, I believe they have a stage in the uninstall process that addresses 'reasons' why your leaving/uninstalling.
I'm no professional on this stuff just trying to make sense of this particular sales approach and why it appears to be working.......or is it I don't know :-\
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:59:23 PM by schmidthouse »

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2019, 04:15:22 AM »
Every "Clean" Install will result in questions by Avast as to why you are leaving....
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline Vapor

« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2019, 05:39:28 AM »
Every "Clean" Install will result in questions by Avast as to why you are leaving....

You mean every uninstall?

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2019, 05:44:15 AM »

By implication, yes.  In order to do a clean install you have to remove the old installation completely using Avast Clear exe.  Uninstall, yes. 

And they never fail to ask, it is always multiple choice using radio dots.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline Vapor

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2019, 05:45:20 AM »

By implication, yes.  In order to do a clean install you have to remove the old installation completely using Avast Clear exe.  Uninstall, yes. 

And they never fail to ask, it is always multiple choice using radio dots.

I see I got ya, time to go and have a good night sleep :)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 05:46:53 AM by Vapor »