Author Topic: Malware not removed by Avast?  (Read 986 times)

Offline Sandra272

Malware not removed by Avast?
« on: June 19, 2019, 11:34:25 PM »
Hello. I am new here. I hope someone can help me.
My laptop will not start up Windows. It freezes at a black screen with an error code that says: ! ! 0xc0000034 ! !  153/97819 (_0000000000000000.cdf-ms). I have tried to boot up in Safe Mode, SM with Networking, SM with Command Promt and it pauses on the "Loading Windows Files" screen at file "\Windows\system32\drivers\aswbidshx.sys" and goes no further.

I have gotten to a chkdsk scan screen at some point and it found and corrected an error in index $I30 for file 2475. The scan completed but upon the auto restart the screen once again freezes at the above error code. I am frantic that I just blew up my fathers laptop.

I installed the free version of Avast AntiVirus and at first scan (before all this happened) it did find some stuff, not sure if it was viruses or malware, but I had the Avast fix it. Seemed to run fine until my Windows updates were installing. This laptop hadnt been upgraded in years so I started with the oldest updates and worked my way to most recent. All updates were fine until the last 3, one of which was the Vista SP 2. I read that SP 2 can cause alot of issues. The update downloaded and installed but at the restart is where this nightmare reared its ugly head.

Can anyone help? I'm afraid I just lost all my dad's stuff. Also, the computer had some kind of malware on it prior to installing Avast. It acted all sorts of infected but ran much better after the Avast scan and clearing out useless files for the most part.

Dell Vosotro A860 running Windows Vista.

I have my laptop that I can use to help run any diagnostic tools if you can walk me through how to do it.
Thank you so much if anyone can help me.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 08:52:01 PM by Sandra272 »

Offline Sandra272

Re: Is this laptop salvageable?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2019, 11:27:29 PM »
Can anyone help me, please? Am I not posting enough info or posting incorrectly?