Author Topic: Private or Public network notification - bug or feature?  (Read 1562 times)

Offline wil13

Private or Public network notification - bug or feature?
« on: June 22, 2019, 09:50:12 PM »
Hi.

I'm running Avast Internet Security package and since my PC updated to Windows 10 build 1903 recently, Avast keeps popping up a notification every time my computer starts,  asking me to choose if I want a Private or Public network.

I have Private network set  in my network settings, and each time the Avast notification appears, I select Private network, so I'm just wondering.... is this a bug, or a feature?

If it's a feature, then where do I find the option to switch it off. If it's a bug, what is the expected time before Avast releases a fix for the bug?

Cheers

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Offline wil13

Re: Private or Public network notification - bug or feature?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 10:00:48 PM »
Try repair and reboot    https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Repair-Antivirus

Many thanks for the reply. Have already tried that, but Avast keeps asking me to choose a Private or Public network, each time my computer starts/restarts.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2019, 10:34:32 PM »
This is a known issue, Avast is aware.
My understanding is that update to Win10 (1903) is involved

This is not happening with the latest beta, so the release of the next Stable version should have it resolved.

Offline wil13

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2019, 10:45:40 PM »
This is a known issue, Avast is aware.
My understanding is that update to Win10 (1903) is involved

This is not happening with the latest beta, so the release of the next Stable version should have it resolved.

Thanks for the info. I suspected that the recent update to 1903 was part of the problem (had quite a few other issues since the 1903 was pushed out  :-(  )

I'll keep a look out for the new version of Avast getting released. Thanks again for the info. Much appreciated.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2019, 10:50:15 PM »
You're welcome