Author Topic: Cannot access any Microsoft Office Programs after Clean up!  (Read 6044 times)

Offline jmahonen

Hi,

I ran a clean up on the Windows Setup Files and now I can't access any of my Microsoft Office programs.  Can anyone help me get these back?

I get the following error message for ANY of the programs I try to access, this example is from MS Publisher: 

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSPUB.EXE'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Thanks so much.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cannot access any Microsoft Office Programs after Clean up!
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2019, 10:32:39 AM »
Hi,

I ran a clean up on the Windows Setup Files and now I can't access any of my Microsoft Office programs.  Can anyone help me get these back?

I get the following error message for ANY of the programs I try to access, this example is from MS Publisher: 

"Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSPUB.EXE'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Thanks so much.

Hi,

this is definitely not the intended behavior of our product and we apologize for the complication.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline jmahonen

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 12:00:29 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately, I already uninstalled the Avast Cleanup Program.  I did so before I discovered MS Office wasn't working any longer.

Given that, what is next?

Thanks so much.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2019, 09:56:58 AM »
Hi,

Unfortunately, I already uninstalled the Avast Cleanup Program.  I did so before I discovered MS Office wasn't working any longer.

Given that, what is next?

Thanks so much.

Did it help you to fix the issue? I mean were you able to start MS Office programs again after you had uninstalled Avast Cleanup?

Thank you.

Offline jos.walker

• recroompick.com
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »
Hi,

Thanks so much.

Sorry for interrupting, jmahonen, but have you tried to use a system restore? Worked for me.
-- Joseph

Offline Gustavo234

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2019, 04:35:55 AM »
I have the same problem. Since I have desinstalled Clean Up not only Microsoft Office but other programs present the same message. This is something totally unacceptable! I don't want to format my computer because of your software! Please, offer us a decent answer to this problem!

Offline Gustavo234

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2019, 04:38:35 AM »
PS: The situation is even worse cause now the Windows don't turn back successfully the system to a previous point.