Author Topic: Firewall for nonrooted devices  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Ali Ducharme

• Alice of the Ancients space
Firewall for nonrooted devices
« on: July 02, 2019, 12:31:19 PM »
Your firewall is, as I have seen, only for rooted devices. In the USA, it's illegal to root a device. Even if it wasn't illegal, rooting would immediately end the warranty on my tablet & my Tracfone would lose its service! I skimmed through prior threads on this issue, as well as discussed the issue with a friend. You really need to have a firewall for  nonrooted devices! I'm not an up to date geek. More like an obsolete one lol Rooting devices is both too complicated & complex a process for this old gal!

While I understand the potential need for a firewall to have root access, you need to offer a version for nonrooted devices!

What I don't get is why there's not a version of a firewall on the free version! Granted this is for android devices, not computers, but part of the reason I chose avast was due to my history of using free avast on computer which had a decent firewall!
Ali

Offline Tereza V.

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Firewall for nonrooted devices
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 03:45:03 PM »
Hi Ali, firewall is technically more complicated and really needs greater deal of access to the system to do its job. If we ever discover a way to design an efficient firewall which can work on non-rooted devices, be sure we will invest all our efforts in realeasing it asap.

To your other question, firewall is available in the free version of Avast Mobile Security.