Author Topic: Avast secureline VPN is blocking internet connection  (Read 9445 times)

Offline Jerry179

Avast secureline VPN is blocking internet connection
« on: April 08, 2019, 11:33:58 AM »
Since cancelling the VPN license (it was automatically renewed without adequately notifying me so I cancelled it altogether since I think it is a ripoff that a new user only pays a fraction of the price charged and alternative providers give far more connections for a lower price)

Since it was cancelled the computer will connect to the wifi and network but won't connect to the internet. Other computers on the network have no such issues. Manually setting the IP address also has no effect.

I thought I would post on here before uninstalling Avast altogether ( I still have one year left on the license).

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Avast secureline VPN is blocking internet connection
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2019, 11:48:39 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Jerry179

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2019, 01:32:41 PM »
I completely uninstalled Avast and I have my internet connection back. I can access the internet now via the LAN port and via the WIFI. 

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2019, 06:37:33 PM »
Since cancelling the VPN license (it was automatically renewed without adequately notifying me so I cancelled it altogether since I think it is a ripoff that a new user only pays a fraction of the price charged and alternative providers give far more connections for a lower price)

Since it was cancelled the computer will connect to the wifi and network but won't connect to the internet. Other computers on the network have no such issues. Manually setting the IP address also has no effect.

I thought I would post on here before uninstalling Avast altogether ( I still have one year left on the license).

In addition to Asyn's direction, Which Avast are you using? I've had similar issues more than once over the years when uninstalling Secureline while running Avast version with Firewall and resulting loss of Internet accessibility.. I'm not sure exactly what gets messed  up however to resolve the issue after uninstalling Secureline I had to uninstall my Avast and do a "clean install" again to clear the glitch. :-\

Offline ngr723

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 03:44:38 AM »
I had issues with no I P address for the Avast VPN adapter. I checked all configurations but it was all Avast VPN. I uninstalled Avast VPN and now my computer no longer recognizes the network adapter. I was on support chat with Avast and they wanted me to reinstall VPN softwar. Hello I have no internet access. I downloaded to USB drive and now I find I have no access to my USB ports. I noticed my wireless mouse would not work and I even tried a USB mouse. I tried to roll back to set point on 6/22 when things worked fine. Now computer will not even do that and is in a loop to try to restore! Avast ruined my computer!