Author Topic: Comodo Firewall (Help?)  (Read 14557 times)

..::ReVaN::..

Re: Comodo Firewall (Help?)
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2006, 10:37:57 PM »
Not sure I can answer that,but I believe it is not wise to leave it this way.I know with the deny/in rule comodo filters a lot of tcp in stuff.Somewhere in the comodo thread I've posted pics of this.I wonder if you could not make a network rule just for whatever port this program needs.

Hmmmm but why is the OUT rule on ALLOW then? Doesn't seem logical to me.... That means with the general OUT rule on ALLOW Comodo allows all outbound traffic but it still asks you when you run a program and it needs to connect to the outside if you would allow it access right?Shouldn't it be the same on incoming connections then, asking you if you want to allow a connection to access your computer?Ohhhh i'm confused now.It seems i need to read Comodo's help file but if i remember correctly when i checked there wasn't much info in there.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2006, 10:40:07 PM »
Hi folks,

If it is a FW and a rule based, there are two ways of thinking, the one better than the other. Start with all that is not allowed is blocked or start with all that is not allowed is not blocked.
Some people can have problems at the Win XP firewall too, and that is a one-way thing. Restrictive thinking makes the Internet Connection Sharing add the services there, change the sharing IP to the machine IP.
In howfar people are still hampered by ISPs that do not like filesharing in sofar as they see it as tampering with their bandwidth, which is strange because YOU pay for it.

greets,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

stuart264

« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2006, 12:18:01 PM »
I have been having exactly the same problem when I found this thread then quite by accident I realized what the problem is, its not a problem with ports opened or application permissions at all, its the anti-TCP flood protection kicking in when Azeureus tries to ping the server.

To fix got to the "advanced settings" in Comodo and in the "TCP Flood" section increase the "Traffic Rate" from 50 to 100, try the firewall test in Azeureus again and it greenlights straight away.

Stuart.

..::ReVaN::..

« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2006, 11:12:33 AM »
If anyone else is having problems with setting up your P2P app with CPF(or any other problem with CPF for that matter) you have various tutorials on setting up CPF at Comodo forums. Just go there and you should find what you're looking for, if not you can always register and post a question there ;)

LINKS:

Comodo Firewall thread

Comodo Firewall FAQ thread

Cheers,

M2
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 11:15:41 AM by M2 »