Author Topic: Does cleanup premium erase all my folder quick access in file explorer?  (Read 2777 times)

Offline rico345100

Recently I experienced all my quick access in the windows file explorer just gone very frequently.

And just noticed that after Avast Cleanup Premium does the automatic maintenance, this thing happened.

How do I stop this?

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
You can Check you settings options and uncheck items you don't want erased.

Offline rico345100

You can Check you settings options and uncheck items you don't want erased.

Which one causes delete my quick access? Broken registry, broken shortcut, or System Junk?

Offline rico345100

I used Cleanup Premium for quite a long time, but this never happened before. It doesn't seem like the intended feature, because I already ran the automatic maintenance since I installed it the first day, and manual clean-up also didn't make this issue. If this is a bug since the specific update, needs to be fixed quickly. It's really annoying to use.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
I used Cleanup Premium for quite a long time, but this never happened before. It doesn't seem like the intended feature, because I already ran the automatic maintenance since I installed it the first day, and manual clean-up also didn't make this issue. If this is a bug since the specific update, needs to be fixed quickly. It's really annoying to use.

If it's a bug I'm not seeing this behavior with my ACP installation.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager

Hi,

first of all let me sincerely apologize for all troubles associated with usage of our product.

Now to the point, we already discovered this bug in the latest version earlier last week and we fixed it by "blacklisting" this particular category so it is neither scanned nor cleaned anywhere in the product. However it might happen that you still have not got the latest product configuration from the server. If you don't want to wait and would like to fix it on your own you can do that by deleting the configuration file c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\Setup\config.def and then restarting the Avast Cleanup service according the attached picture. Then wait about a minute or two and you should get a new config.def file from the server which will include the latest configuration and you will never experience this nasty bug again.

Thank you for using our product and reporting this issue, we really appreciate both!

Offline rico345100

If you don't want to wait and would like to fix it on your own you can do that by deleting the configuration file c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\Setup\config.def and then restarting the Avast Cleanup service according the attached picture. Then wait about a minute or two and you should get a new config.def file from the server which will include the latest configuration and you will never experience this nasty bug again.

I just tried but seems not working. Removed config.def in the setup folder, restarted Avast Cleanup service, and did the manual cleanup. After few seconds, my quick access items gone again.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
If you don't want to wait and would like to fix it on your own you can do that by deleting the configuration file c:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\Setup\config.def and then restarting the Avast Cleanup service according the attached picture. Then wait about a minute or two and you should get a new config.def file from the server which will include the latest configuration and you will never experience this nasty bug again.

I just tried but seems not working. Removed config.def in the setup folder, restarted Avast Cleanup service, and did the manual cleanup. After few seconds, my quick access items gone again.

Could you please send us logs from your machine? We need to investigate it further to see what happened there.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe and once the logs are collected they will be automatically sent to our server.
Once it is done, please let me know which email address you have used there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.