Author Topic: Full Virus Scan Does Not Scan - Immediately Shows 'Great - No Issues Found'  (Read 2265 times)

Offline talulla

Full Virus Scan Does Not Scan - Immediately Shows 'Great - No Issues Found'

Latest Avast Updates - Windows 10

I do not have any automatic scans selected.

I selected almost all maximum options (e.g. All Files, Max Sensitivity, all circles checked, etc.)

I even "Changed" the program in Programs and Apps by respecifying every option. I think that's equivalent
to the old "Repair" from Windows 7.

Offline conrad1961

It's a known fault which has been reported but no permanent fix has yet been found.
A work around is to run the scan and when it fails click on "done" then rerun scan and it should work.

Offline talulla

Thanks!

1. The scan doesn't actually fail. It just shows the 'Great' message.
As you recommended, I rerun it right away, over and over, with the same result.

2. I found a solution: I run the Targeted Scan and select "This PC" as the folder.
It works completely.

Guess I'll just have to wait for a fix.

Offline dhphoto

Thanks!

1. The scan doesn't actually fail. It just shows the 'Great' message.
As you recommended, I rerun it right away, over and over, with the same result.

It does fail as it isn't recorded in the scan history
But as has been said you can get round it by going through the process of starting a full scan twice, the second one should start

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
@     talulla
There are other topics relating to this, including this one https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=228269.0.

For what it may be worth this scan is working for me.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline conrad1961

@     talulla
There are other topics relating to this, including this one https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=228269.0.

It has been somewhat random for the scan to work - it didn't this am  but having just turned my laptop on the scan did start properly.
It seems to affect some users only rather than across the board - probably why a proper fix hasn't been provided yet.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
@     talulla

It has been somewhat random for the scan to work - it didn't this am  but having just turned my laptop on the scan did start properly.
It seems to affect some users only rather than across the board - probably why a proper fix hasn't been provided yet.

Which as you say makes pinpointing the cause more difficult to be able to get a fix out.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security