Author Topic: Cleanup No Longer Finding Browser Cache, Cookies, Etc?  (Read 438 times)

Offline Joseph351

Cleanup No Longer Finding Browser Cache, Cookies, Etc?
« on: July 14, 2019, 07:27:22 PM »
Hi All,
First post in this forum so be gentle. :)
I have Avast Cleanup Premium running on a Lenovo Yoga 710.  I typically run the Maintenance scan process daily.  A couple weeks ago I noticed that it no longer seemed to be finding any Browser Cache, Tracking Cookies, & Browsing History to remove. The little checkboxes are greyed out.  It still does find Broken Registry Items, Broken Shortcuts, & System Junk to remove every time I run it.  I have both the Edge & Chrome browsers installed but primarily just use Chrome.  I am also in the Windows Insider program and am currently running Win10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.10000.  I work from home with this laptop so have a fairly consistent usage profile.  I don't know if something has changed possibly with Chrome or Avast Cleanup or whatever...?  Any suggestions?

Offline Stellarman

• Avast team
  • Product Manager
Re: Cleanup No Longer Finding Browser Cache, Cookies, Etc?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:16:37 AM »
Hi All,
First post in this forum so be gentle. :)
I have Avast Cleanup Premium running on a Lenovo Yoga 710.  I typically run the Maintenance scan process daily.  A couple weeks ago I noticed that it no longer seemed to be finding any Browser Cache, Tracking Cookies, & Browsing History to remove. The little checkboxes are greyed out.  It still does find Broken Registry Items, Broken Shortcuts, & System Junk to remove every time I run it.  I have both the Edge & Chrome browsers installed but primarily just use Chrome.  I am also in the Windows Insider program and am currently running Win10 Version 1903, OS Build 18362.10000.  I work from home with this laptop so have a fairly consistent usage profile.  I don't know if something has changed possibly with Chrome or Avast Cleanup or whatever...?  Any suggestions?

Hi,

it seems like the Browser Cleaner module has stopped working for some reason so it no longer provides the scan results.

In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.
Thank you.

Offline Bgent

Re: Cleanup No Longer Finding Browser Cache, Cookies, Etc?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 05:16:01 PM »
I'm experiencing this problem too. Browser Cache, Tracking and Download History are simply not scanned. Rebooting and restarting the app does not help. I am running Windows 7 with all updates installed.

I will send my log using the instructions below also.

Thanks
Bob