Author Topic: Cleanup No Longer Finding Browser Cache, Cookies, Etc?  (Read 8757 times)

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cleanup No Longer Finding Browser Cache, Cookies, Etc?
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2020, 02:38:36 PM »
Avast Cleanup Premium is no longer working. It stopped working yesterday and will not load today either.
I have valid subscriptions to both Avast Cleanup Premium and Avast Premium Security which also includes Avast Cleanup Premium. It won't load there either. What's the problem? (Very annoying!)

Hi,

based on the description you wrote I would say that something turned off the respective program services running on the background.

In order to be able to investigate what happened and be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2020, 02:41:39 PM »
I have Avast Cleanup Premium running on a desktop I now use to work from home. I typically run the Maintenance scan process daily. A couple weeks ago I noticed that it no longer seemed to be finding any Browser Cache, Tracking Cookies, & Browsing History to remove. Also the little check boxes are grayed out.  It still does find Broken Registry Items, Broken Shortcuts, & System Junk to remove. It doesn't matter which browser I use but I favor Firefox. Occasionally it will work right after a boot time scan. I am currently running Win10 Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363.
I try to find answers on the forum before starting another thread but it looks like others have had this same issue in the past.

Hi,

we apologize for the inconveniences, this is known bug in the existing version and it has been already fixed in the version we are about to release soon.
Currently we are struggling a little bit with the release but I believe we should be able to release it in 2-3 weeks.

Please be patient and wait for the update to a newer version where this issue will be fixed.

Thank you.

Offline Nate.

• Nate
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2020, 09:57:36 PM »
So far everything is still working since my post on the 22nd of April. I didn't change anything since so I hope the bug was found. Thanks for al the suggestions everyone!

Offline Nate.

• Nate
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 04:30:42 AM »
And as of three days ago we are back to Avast Cleanup Premium not seeing tracking cookies or browsing and download history. No settings were changed that I know of.

Offline Nate.

• Nate
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2020, 07:41:07 PM »
Update:
 I ran Avast Disk Doctor and it found errors on my main drive.
Avast rebooted and fixed issues and now the Avast Cleanup Premium is fully functional again.