Author Topic: Wrong Update?  (Read 6821 times)

Offline demetry842

Wrong Update?
« on: June 25, 2019, 04:32:27 PM »
Hi folks.

Right now my "Avast Internet Security" was updated to version 19.6.2383 build 19.6.4546.494 But! I did not order "beta version". I do not participate in beta testing. And i dont understand why did i got this update.

Is it a mistake? or some kind of "bug"? or a joke? And how i can solve this problem?

Thanks.

Offline reddyshyam

Re: Wrong Update?
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 04:41:44 PM »
Hi demetry842,

It is not beta buts a stable release of 19.6 which was rolled out for update on previous installations.

Announcement will follow later today
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 04:45:18 PM by reddyshyam »

Offline demetry842

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 05:28:17 PM »
Ok, it looks like i got it, an hour before release information (and this was a reason for this thread).

But for now it looks normal.

Thanks for info.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 06:07:07 PM »
This has been a general area of confusion.
The Stable version, when released is numbered the same as the beta version until another beta build is released for those on the beta channel.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 07:34:19 PM »
The Stable version, when released is numbered the same as the beta version until another beta build is released for those on the beta channel.

And it is the biggest pain in the backside and cause for confusion since they started doing this.  I really do hate this practice and have made my feelings known in the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2019, 08:52:53 PM »

And it is the biggest pain in the backside and cause for confusion since they started doing this.  I really do hate this practice and have made my feelings known in the forums.

+1

Offline igor

• Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 10:22:17 AM »
I believe the reason is that exactly the same files (as the one tested in the last beta) are released to the release channel... which is a good thing.
Changing the version would require recompiling everything - and that may introduce problems if something goes wrong during the build; we'd basically be releasing "untested" files to the production.