Author Topic: Can't activate SecureLine on 2nd computer  (Read 1931 times)

Offline stolowma

Can't activate SecureLine on 2nd computer
« on: July 15, 2019, 12:17:19 AM »
This has been extremely frustrating.
 We've used Avast Internet Security on our two computers for several years. I purchase Secureline a few weeks ago and installed it on my computer with no problem but I have been unable to activate it on my wife's laptop. I've followed the support articles, updated the software, uninstalled and reinstalled it (Secureline), tried using an activation code and a license file but both come up  "unexpected error".  Both licenses show up in the "Licenses in this computer" but only the IS license is shown is activated.  If I try to switch to the Securline license it comes up with "An error has occurred". I'm also not able to access my Avast web account on that computer. When I log in I get the little rotating circle until the connection times out. I can access it with no problem from the other computer.

I'm also not too happy that Avast has no tech support where you can get a quick  answer to your problem but have to send hours going through support articles only to have to post it on one of these forums and wait for an answer. We do pay for your product  after all.

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
Re: Can't activate SecureLine on 2nd computer
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 08:12:47 AM »
Are you running the standalone version of Avast SecureLine?
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801