Author Topic: charging me the tax twice  (Read 485 times)

Offline motorways

charging me the tax twice
« on: October 12, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
I have just checked my bill for the last year and noticed that Avast have charged me V.A.T. (value added tax) which is the tax for the UK where I live, and a further 10% tax was added to that figure to create the total. I have asked them what the 10% is for, but their accounts representative cannot tell me. They have now sent me an email saying that if I want to know this I have got to send them my credit card details, and a screenshot of the invoice. Why do I need to do this? The company must have a copy of the invoice that they sent me also they already have my credit card details on which I paid. I am keen to know this as I believe they are charging one of the two taxes illegally. My invoice is in GBP not US Dollars.

Offline mickey.b

• Business Senior Support Technician
    • Avast Business Technical Support
Re: charging me the tax twice
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2019, 09:54:54 PM »
I have just checked my bill for the last year and noticed that Avast have charged me V.A.T. (value added tax) which is the tax for the UK where I live, and a further 10% tax was added to that figure to create the total. I have asked them what the 10% is for, but their accounts representative cannot tell me. They have now sent me an email saying that if I want to know this I have got to send them my credit card details, and a screenshot of the invoice. Why do I need to do this? The company must have a copy of the invoice that they sent me also they already have my credit card details on which I paid. I am keen to know this as I believe they are charging one of the two taxes illegally. My invoice is in GBP not US Dollars.

We can help with technical issues on this forum, but you will need to either contact your account manager or the sales/operations department for the UK to get that fixed.
- Mickey B.
Avast Business Senior Support Technician
https://www.avast.com/business/support