Author Topic: Unable to disable warnings about Firefox extensions and outdated softwares  (Read 1167 times)

Offline ineuw01

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64bit v1809 and Firefox browser, in which Avast 2019 Free determined that my Wiktionary extension, (which is a lookup to a Wikipedia dictionary site) is outdated and therefore dangerous etc. I must disable this and other nonsense messages which generate so many non-sensical warnings, slowing me down and wasting time. I disabled browser extension options on the old settings panel, on the new settings panel, but it returns and I just can't get rid of it.

BTW, the Wiktionary extension hasn't changed in years because Wiktionary hasn't changed and all the extension does is looks up a webpage and displays the relevant info. Wikipedia sites are pretty secure. There are many many security experts volunteer their time to keep the system safe and protected. And if there is a security breach at Wiktionary/Wikipedia, it's sure won't be from, or through my desktop.

As for the recently updated 7zip to be marked as outdated software is another nonsense.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0