Author Topic: AV version 19.6.2383 wont allow minecraft Bedrock 1.12 to play over LAN  (Read 2842 times)

Offline Alexander461

2 Pcs are running minecraft Bedrock edition on a wired network.
However Minecraft PE version 1.12 can no longer be played over my Lan.
To fix it I deleted and placed new rules but this did not help.
I removed minecraft, removed the rules and did a re install of minecraft. I set avast to ask about the acces and let it create new rules. Did not work.
Changed the rules manually to allow just about anything stil a no go.
Added the directorys to the exclusions, still nothing.
I cant add the program itself since this is not a .exe file

Disabled just the avast firewall, everything runs fine. Log shows nothing of blocked traffic at all.

What is going on? I used avast and minecraft for years with different versions without a issue.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Is your firewall network profilen in puplic or private mode?

If not already done, try setting it to private and reboot ..... did that work?

Setting up Firewall Application Rules in Avast Antivirus
https://support.avast.com/en-eu/article/Antivirus-Firewall-Application-Rules

=================================================================

NOTE:The Network profiles control the settings which determine how strictly Firewall protects your PC.

Private: a lower level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a trusted network such as your home or work network.
This profile enables better connectivity, and permits all communication within the network.

Public: a higher level of security suitable for when your PC is connected to a public network such as in a cafe or airport.
Because public networks present greater security risks, no incoming communication is permitted when this profile is set.

=================================================================

Also see info posted here by @BWith

https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=227130.msg1505540#msg1505540

Offline Alexander461

Thanks for the response, that is actually the first thing i checked. On both pcs the network was set to private and to be sure i just checked it agian. Both are on private.

Small update, If i put Avast into passive mode i can connect the minecraft version but it is a bit laggy.

Are there risks when i use passive mode ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 08:06:16 PM by Alexander461 »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Did you check the link at the bottom of my post?  .... info posted by  @BWith

Offline Alexander461

Did read, but did not try yet since passive mode seems to work. I actived the logs to see whats beeing blocked and still need to look at them.

I will try these next, and check the geek area :-)
1. Please set the "Allow Windows File and Printer sharing" option to "Enabled"
2. Please set the "Allow remote desktop connections to this computer" option to "Enabled"

Offline Alexander461

Ok, i tried all the settings that were mentioned. At first using passive mode worked but that changed after a reboot. I know minecraft itself had a recent update (1.12) so it might be minecraft self thats trying something it is not supposed to do. and avast blocks this as it probably should.....

Next up is holiday and after that i will remove and reinstall Avast and minecraft on both computers.

btw I did check if Windows defender is messing things up but that is not enabled at all.

Offline Alexander461

Re: AV version 19.6.2383 wont allow minecraft Bedrock 1.12 to play over LAN
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 08:52:39 PM »
Small update, minecraft does work over lan if i use the old world setting to play together. So there is something in the code from the newer endless worlds that gets blocked bij avast.

Offline Alexander461

Re: AV version 19.6.2383 wont allow minecraft Bedrock 1.12 to play over LAN
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2019, 01:42:33 PM »
Still no fix found, only way to play is disabling the shields. Pretty useless setting rules etc if they dont work..