Author Topic: Cleanup still ignoring Cache, Cookies and History  (Read 4218 times)

Offline Wolf_22

Cleanup still ignoring Cache, Cookies and History
« on: July 24, 2019, 10:41:19 AM »
Cleanup has been ignoring; Browser cache, Tracking and Browsing history sections for weeks now - no fix has been applied?? Other users have posted this issue and I have also submitted logs. Surely this is unacceptable? Do you not regression test before release?

Also within the application settings, automatic maintenance cannot be set to "on" (even though it shows on in dashboard), and the items within this section do not load. Again I provided this in my submitted log query.

Please provide an update on this issue.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Re: Cleanup still ignoring Cache, Cookies and History
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 09:26:20 AM »
Cleanup has been ignoring; Browser cache, Tracking and Browsing history sections for weeks now - no fix has been applied?? Other users have posted this issue and I have also submitted logs. Surely this is unacceptable? Do you not regression test before release?

Also within the application settings, automatic maintenance cannot be set to "on" (even though it shows on in dashboard), and the items within this section do not load. Again I provided this in my submitted log query.

Please provide an update on this issue.

Hi,

we apologize for the not working component however the problem is that we are not able to induce the same issue internally and so far we haven't got any data from outside (even though some users promised to sent them but in fact they never did).

We would highly appreciate the log files from your computer so we can examine what happened there.

You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.
Thank you.

Offline Wolf_22

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2019, 10:02:43 AM »
I sent the log files a number of weeks ago with a detailed description of the issue. I will send again in next 15 mins and quote your username in the issue description.

Offline Wolf_22

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2019, 10:24:12 AM »
Log sent 09:51
« Last Edit: July 25, 2019, 10:51:58 AM by Wolf_22 »

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2019, 01:21:15 PM »
Log sent 09:51

Thank you very much, I was able to find your logs on our server, we are already looking at them.

I will keep you updated in this thread about the progress.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2019, 12:19:13 PM »
Hi Wolf_22,

we would like to ask you for your help because we would need more detailed logs to really tackle the problem in Browser Cleaner module.

In order to do that we have prepared a special build with thorough logging in this module and I would like to ask you to download it, induce the problem there again (not working Browser Cache, Tracking & other cookies and Browsing and download history in Maintenance scan) and then send us the logs again so we can investigate them further.

Here is the build with through tracking: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fxyEh3seYcJQ61hV200875dDUIs84w1a.

Thank you for your cooperation!

Offline Wolf_22

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2019, 04:33:50 PM »
Yeah, I don't particularly fancy executing a non-core build exe file. FYI, after the application stalling and crashing on Friday, the issues were fixed but they have just regressed again. Not sure if there is anything you guys have been doing which would influence this.

Offline TheoGio1

• Hot Sex Gifs
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2019, 11:01:23 PM »
I didn't know the cleanup ignored Cache, Cookies, and History by default. I'll have to go clean those out on my own then.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2019, 09:09:22 AM »
Yeah, I don't particularly fancy executing a non-core build exe file. FYI, after the application stalling and crashing on Friday, the issues were fixed but they have just regressed again. Not sure if there is anything you guys have been doing which would influence this.

I understand your fear regarding running a non-official build however this is our only chance how to get more information regarding the problem you have.
There is just more thorough logging to get more information, that's all.

Of course the choice is all yours but as I said without detailed information we cannot do anything here.

Thank you.