Author Topic: Password syncing issue  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Richard791

Password syncing issue
« on: July 16, 2019, 03:54:50 PM »
Hi,

I have created a new Avast Account and having now locally created all my passwords on my laptop, I would now like to sync them onto my mobile phone.

However, I cannot approve the password sync on my mobile as my laptop is not the master either.  I never received an activation email that I could use to make my laptop the master an allow me to sync other devices from it.  Also, no matter how many times I turn sync on and off on my laptop, I still never receive any email.  Hope you can provide further assistance in getting me out of this vicious circle!  :)

Offline BWhit

• Avast team
Re: Password syncing issue
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2019, 05:08:29 PM »
Hi Richard791,

Checking the email that you have registered with on the forum, I can see that you originally synced your Passwords back in November 2017. In order to use the same email address again now, it is necessary to either:
  • Use the "backup identity" email sent to you in November 2017 to authorize the new devices. You can find more information about how to do this (and a picture of the email) in the following guide: https://support.avast.com/en-ww/article/92
  • Delete the existing sync identity. If you would like me to do this for you, please confirm that you understand that doing this will remove any data saved in the cloud previously.