Author Topic: Avast is preventing Virtual Box and Vmware from starting up Virtual Machines  (Read 3280 times)

Offline sonyboyj

Seems Avast does have a way to contact them thru email and i'm not calling so i hope someone who works on the program will see this. I'm running Windows 10 version 1903, i have a Ryzen 5 1400 CPU and a RX570 GPU. I keep getting BSOD everytime i go to start up a VM (system_service_exception) no i played around made sure all drivers were up to date, made sure virtualization was turned on in the bios. Everything was working find till recently, i read somewhere that my anti-virus could be the cause of the BSOD. So i disabled the shields and sure enough Virtual Box now works like a charm. Hope this can be fixed soon.

Offline sonyboyj

Ya, i just found a similar forum from 2017. Everything works now. Thanks

Offline marcus.carguy15

I know this topic is probably dead, but I would like to share the solution which worked for me and I couldn't find it anywhere on the internet, so maybe it will help someone who has the same problem. I searched for the solution for many days, and in the end I remembered about an operating system called photon VMware made, and desperately installed it on my machine. That fixed the problem altogether, but I don't quite understand why haha. I guess it might be because Photon OS might be more optimized with VMWare because they made it. Anyways I hope I helped at least someone.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 10:38:52 AM by marcus.carguy15 »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Hi marcus.carguy15, welcome to the forum :)

Did you try this suggestion https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=228493.msg1513521#msg1513521

- Avast > Menu > Settings > General > Troubleshooting > uncheck " Enable hardware-assisted virtualization "

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 01:27:45 AM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )