Author Topic: Avast Cleanup Premium is not opening  (Read 10588 times)

Offline jonthetree

Avast Cleanup Premium is not opening
« on: July 30, 2019, 05:57:46 PM »
Help please. My Avast Cleanup Premium is not opening. It was fine before the weekend and nothing has been changed on my PC. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. 

Offline Pako7

• Poster
  • 18 years with Avast and i still recommend it
Re: Avast Cleanup Premium is not opening
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2019, 11:53:55 PM »
what is it sayig? or its not responding at ll??
WinXP ProSP3/ Core2Duo E8300/ 16GB Ram/ avast! Premire 20.3.2405 (Build 20.3.5200.561) / Chromium Edge Version 81.0.416.72 (Official build) (64-bit), Avast Cleanup ,avast! mobile security

Offline jonthetree

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 06:52:03 PM »
Hi, It's not responding at all.
Click to open on my desktop icon.....nothing
Click to open on via programmes……nothing

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 09:15:21 AM »
Hi, It's not responding at all.
Click to open on my desktop icon.....nothing
Click to open on via programmes……nothing

Hi,

this seems like a very unique problem we've never encountered before. In order to be able to help you I would like to ask you to send the log files so we can investigate where the problem is.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline RuanvH

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 11:23:41 AM »
I am having the same problem. It might be because of the new Windows OS update but if I remember correctly it started a week before. I can see it running in my Task Manager but it won't open and is not showing in the hidden tasks on the taskbar. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and after the first restart, it worked once and then stopped again after the next restart.

This is unacceptable as its a premium version and I feel like I have wasted my money paying for this. It's affecting my work.

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 01:27:13 PM »
I am having the same problem. It might be because of the new Windows OS update but if I remember correctly it started a week before. I can see it running in my Task Manager but it won't open and is not showing in the hidden tasks on the taskbar. I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it and after the first restart, it worked once and then stopped again after the next restart.

This is unacceptable as its a premium version and I feel like I have wasted my money paying for this. It's affecting my work.

Hi,

could you please send us log files so we can investigate it?

As mentioned above, you can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.
Just please add your email address there so we can join the logs with your report here.

Thank you.

Offline Luukjr

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 12:15:20 PM »

Hi,

As mentioned above, you can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.

Thank you.

Have the same problem, just send you the log files.
Soft: Avast Premium Security  / Avast Cleanup / Malwarebytes Premium

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2019, 02:31:05 PM »

Hi,

Thank you.

Have the same problem, just send you the log files.

Hi,

thank you for sending us logs, we will take a look at it and get back to you.

Regards!

Offline cazp

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2019, 10:29:28 PM »
Also having the same problem. Have sent you log files.

Offline TonyOptics

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2019, 09:24:26 PM »
Hi,

I am also having this issue the past couple weeks with Avast CleanUp and now Avast Pro not opening at all. Thank you for your help! Could this be due to recent Windows 10 updates?

Offline sailcruz11

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2019, 06:06:05 AM »
I am also having this issue with Avast Cleanup Premium.  However, I do not have the log file generator executable.  I also have an issue where the Avast Cleanup Service is using 18% of my CPU and I cannot stop it.  It tried stopping the service which is not allowed even with administrator priviliges and I tried uninstalling/reinstalling but that fails because the service is running.

Offline jmjm68

« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 01:01:29 PM »
I've also got this issue today, what's going on? An update on what resolved other user issues would be useful

Offline jimbrown

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2019, 03:31:37 PM »
I too have the same problem. The program loads and then is totally unresponsive, to the extent that the only way to close it is by using task manager.
Is there a fix ?

Offline YahayKa

« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2019, 02:24:50 AM »
try re-installing it by overwriting the previous software...or you can call the Avast Tech Support...

Offline Stellarman

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2019, 09:43:08 AM »
Hi,

based on the discussion with our developers although it might look like the same problem these are typically unique problems causing the same issue.

Therefore I would like to ask you to send us log files every time you wrote the post here and we will take a look at them and get back to you.
You can simply send them by executing our log collector utility from this path C:\Program Files (x86)\AVAST Software\Avast Cleanup\tulogcollector.exe assuming that you have still Avast Cleanup installed on your computer.

Thank you.